LGA Shuttle bus for Southwest?

ChitownKaye

So I called Dial 7 for a pickup at LGA. She said something about I have to take a shuttle to a parking lot of something to catch our car service. I really didn't understand what she was talking about - but she said it would be easy? Can anyone help. Southwest - pick up luggage and shuttle to where- any markers for this inconvenience due to construction?

Terminal B Car Services Pick-Up

Between 8Am to 10PM take the green route shuttle bus to the designated car service pick-up area.

I believe this area is very close by.

Terminal B Car Services, App-based Rides and Black Car passenger pick-up is located at the pick-up area between 6:00 AM and 10:00 PM, accessible by the Green Route Shuttle Bus. After 10:00 PM passenger pick-up returns to the Terminal B Departures level.

Terminal B Car Services, App-based Rides and Black Car passenger pick-up is located at the pick-up area between 6:00 AM and 10:00 PM, accessible by the Green Route Shuttle Bus. After 10:00 PM passenger pick-up returns to the Terminal B Departures level.

Edited by Noxequifans

We've been maintaining a LGA 411 to keep info relevant & current, as best as we can - see this link

post #44 has a few pix,

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=52327602

Southwest flights arrive/depart at Terminal B, Concourse C (also refer to as the Central Terminal Building ... serving multiple airlines at different concourse) - the airport advisory issued this May remains in effect until further notice, there are plenty of "greeters" at the arrival level, outside by luggage carousel & signage to direct you. Follow & look for the free, Green Shuttle Bus route for a 5 minutes ride to the nearby lot - to meet up with all FHV (car service, black car, Uber/Lyft, etc.) drivers for transfer to hotels or pier/cruise port, etc.

(Scroll down to see the details) - http://laguardiaairport.com/traveladvisories/

Thanks Brighton Lane. I don't suppose that Sat. around 4-5:00 p.m. would be considered peak .Lol This is for Sat - July 15 for NCL Breakaway on Sunday. I used your link (thanks again). It doesn't say what peak times are!

Thanks Brighton Lane. I don't suppose that Sat. around 4-5:00 p.m. would be considered peak .Lol This is for Sat - July 15 for NCL Breakaway on Sunday. I used your link (thanks again). It doesn't say what peak times are!

Glad I found this thread! I am flying with SWA and plan to use dial 7. Will you post your experience when you get back?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Be happy to! A week from Saturday, but staying at the Jersey shore with my daughter for a week after the cruise. If I don't remember bring up this thread and I'll post. Should notify me!

Sounds good! Thanks so much.

I've flown into LGA several times now but all of the construction makes me nervous

• 4 weeks later...
Be happy to! A week from Saturday, but staying at the Jersey shore with my daughter for a week after the cruise. If I don't remember bring up this thread and I'll post. Should notify me!

Hello! I hope you had a fantastic trip! How was your experience with dial 7? Any info you have would be great!

Thanks for asking we had a wonderful trip with great weather the whole time. Dial 7 texted us just as the flight landed and told us to text back when we got our luggage and were on the shuttle. The green shuttle is right outside in the center lane of where you pick up your luggage. The shulttles run frequently. There were two of them when we got out side. Plenty of people to point you in the right direction - not the green sign that says shuttles - that is for hotels, etc, - it is out the door the other direction of that sign. We got on the first green route shuttle and the only problem is waiting until they completely pack you in with luggage and all and no one to help with your luggage. It is only about a 5 minute ride to get to car services which are all lined up. Dial 7 gave us information to help us find the driver. He texted first car in the second row so it was pretty easy to find him. Car was labeled as Dial 7. I hope this helps and I hope you have as wonderful a trip as we did. Love NCL!

Thanks for asking we had a wonderful trip with great weather the whole time. Dial 7 texted us just as the flight landed and told us to text back when we got our luggage and were on the shuttle. The green shuttle is right outside in the center lane of where you pick up your luggage. The shulttles run frequently. There were two of them when we got out side. Plenty of people to point you in the right direction - not the green sign that says shuttles - that is for hotels, etc, - it is out the door the other direction of that sign. We got on the first green route shuttle and the only problem is waiting until they completely pack you in with luggage and all and no one to help with your luggage. It is only about a 5 minute ride to get to car services which are all lined up. Dial 7 gave us information to help us find the driver. He texted first car in the second row so it was pretty easy to find him. Car was labeled as Dial 7. I hope this helps and I hope you have as wonderful a trip as we did. Love NCL!

You are awesome! Thank you so much for the feedback. And I like hearing that they are texting. Haha always a struggle with me when they call because I can never hear after getting off a plane.

Thanks again!

• 4 weeks later...

Do you mind my asking how much the cost was from the airport to the port?

Are these close to each other? Was trying to get an estimate

Mary - I would suggest looking at a New York City map to familiarize yourself with the airport and Cruiseport locations. It sounds like you have booked a flight to LGA the morning of a Princess cruise. If so, what is the exact date and the plane's arrival time? This info will help provide you with the best suggestions about car services, taxis, Uber/Lyft, or shuttles.

New York City has 5 Boroughs - Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, and Staten Island.

The Manhattan Cruiseport is in midtown Manhattan on the Hudson River at about 50th Street

The Brooklyn Cruiseport is in Brooklyn on the Upper Bay across from Governor's Island in the Red Hook Area.

Laguardia Airport is in Queens on the north side on the East River in the East Elmhurst section south of Rikers Island.

JFK Airport is in Queens on the south side of Jamaica Bay north of Rockaway Beach.

In New Jersey Newark Airport in Newark NJ and Cape Liberty Cruiseport in Bayonne NJ are on the west side of the Upper Bay and closest to Staten Island.

Mary - I would suggest looking at a New York City map to familiarize yourself with the airport and Cruiseport locations. It sounds like you have booked a flight to LGA the morning of a Princess cruise. If so, what is the exact date and the plane's arrival time? This info will help provide you with the best suggestions about car services, taxis, Uber/Lyft, or shuttles.

New York City has 5 Boroughs - Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, and Staten Island.

The Manhattan Cruiseport is in midtown Manhattan on the Hudson River at about 50th Street

The Brooklyn Cruiseport is in Brooklyn on the Upper Bay across from Governor's Island in the Red Hook Area.

Laguardia Airport is in Queens on the north side on the East River in the East Elmhurst section south of Rikers Island.

JFK Airport is in Queens on the south side of Jamaica Bay north of Rockaway Beach.

In New Jersey Newark Airport in Newark NJ and Cape Liberty Cruiseport in Bayonne NJ are on the west side of the Upper Bay and closest to Staten Island.

Thank you. We are arriving on a Thursday in October so will be a busy business day in NYC. Sounds like a car service is our best bet with a fixed rate.

... arriving on a Thursday in October so will be a busy business day in NYC ... a car service is our best bet with a fixed rate.
Just like commuting in the Greater Toronto area on Rt. 401 - without the benefits of Rt. 407 ...

Weather & air/ground traffic permitting, add 15 to 30 minutes from taxiway to gate to luggage carousal, plus free shuttle ride (Green route) over to designated pickup lot for car service. Trip time for the 12 miles driven to Red Hook's pier in Brooklyn can be anywhere from 45 minutes to 90+ minutes, once you exit the airport ... under long term constructions till 2010. Please check back 1 or 2 weeks prior to your cruise under the LGA 411 thread here for any update (it has direct links to airport alerts, etc.)

Fares + tips should be around $40 to $50 and no tolls involved at all - both Carmel & Dial 7 have their own garage/waiting lot near the airports - no need to call or book ahead. Airport has free traveler's WiFi - once inside the terminal, you can use their free App to request or call them on smartphone to book the ride.

Just like commuting in the Greater Toronto area on Rt. 401 - without the benefits of Rt. 407 ...

Weather & air/ground traffic permitting, add 15 to 30 minutes from taxiway to gate to luggage carousal, plus free shuttle ride (Green route) over to designated pickup lot for car service. Trip time for the 12 miles driven to Red Hook's pier in Brooklyn can be anywhere from 45 minutes to 90+ minutes, once you exit the airport ... under long term constructions till 2010. Please check back 1 or 2 weeks prior to your cruise under the LGA 411 thread here for any update (it has direct links to airport alerts, etc.)

Fares + tips should be around $40 to $50 and no tolls involved at all - both Carmel & Dial 7 have their own garage/waiting lot near the airports - no need to call or book ahead. Airport has free traveler's WiFi - once inside the terminal, you can use their free App to request or call them on smartphone to book the ride.

Thank you. Your info and details help a lot.