Romantic Escapade at Thalasso Bora Bora

flynsail

Has anybody on here done this excursion and if so did you think it was worth it. You spend the night in an OWB there and it includes dinner, champagne and breakfast delivered to your villa. We haven't booked our cruise yet but are looking at going April 2019. I was hoping to do the 10 day itinerary but the 7 day falls over our 25th anniversary and on the exact date, April 9th we'll be overnighting in Bora Bora. I saw this excursion and thought it would make the date very special but realize it's a little crazy to spend that much money when we'll already have paid for meals and cabin that night on the ship. It would be cheaper though than flying to Bora Bora for a few nights in an OWB before the cruise! Decisions!

Has anybody on here done this excursion and if so did you think it was worth it. You spend the night in an OWB there and it includes dinner, champagne and breakfast delivered to your villa. We haven't booked our cruise yet but are looking at going April 2019. I was hoping to do the 10 day itinerary but the 7 day falls over our 25th anniversary and on the exact date, April 9th we'll be overnighting in Bora Bora. I saw this excursion and thought it would make the date very special but realize it's a little crazy to spend that much money when we'll already have paid for meals and cabin that night on the ship. It would be cheaper though than flying to Bora Bora for a few nights in an OWB before the cruise! Decisions!

Do the 10 night ... that way you get the atolls on the same cruise which is way different than the Society islands.

Get yourself an IHG credit card and use your Chase Anniversary FREE NIGHT there or use points. You get enough points for one night just by getting the card. It's well worth the $49/year. I have done this and it was fantastic. That being said, these days getting the free night has become difficult but if you stay vigilant you will have a good shot at getting the freebie. You are on your own for food but there are plenty of things you can do to keep the night from becoming crazy expensive.

I don't know if you can get the card in Canada however!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Big Kahuna, maybe I'll have to go back another year and do the 10 day but we'd really like to go over our anniversary so guess we'll stick to the 7 day. I've now been thinking of spending three nights before the cruise at the Hilton Moorea in an OWB and maybe do the beach day excursion to the IC Thalasso one of the days in Bora Bora. I think that would be a lot cheaper that flying to BB for three days before the cruise. Twin I checked and we can't get that credit card in Canada. Emdee where did you do the vow renewal, at the resort or on the ship? Even though it's almost two years away I'm ready to start booking things, at least the cruise. I guess it's too far away to book anything else. Emdee I see you're from Canada. Do you suggest just booking through PG or can you recommend any travel agents that are familiar with that area that I could ask lots of questions to? I asked at our local CAA and Expedia Cruise Ship Centre and they don't keep any info on PG or haven't booked anybody because they said it's too expensive! My email is seladham@shaw.ca if you know of anybody that you'd recommend or could maybe give OBC.

I mention the 10 day as us who frequent FP and/or the PG believe it's a good thing to book as long of a PG cruise as possible because of the expense of getting to FP plus the atolls are way different than the society Islands. But I understand your reasoning and of course your doing the next best thing that being stay extra days.

I've done the day at the beach at the Thalasso ... beautiful resort.