Anyone tried "Extend Your Stay?"

Roundtop

We will disembark Silhouette at PTA in Amsterdam and need to fill some time until we board Koningsdam at Waterland Pier at 2pm. I discovered that Celebrity offers opportunity ($39/pax) to stay on board up until 90 minutes prior to sailing, with access to public lounges, some dining, pool deck and spa services. We would need to vacate our cabins by 8:30am and our luggage would be stored until we leave to board next ship. This is new to me and I wondered if anyone has used this service. Chances are that Amsterdam weather might not be appropriate for long hours on the pool deck.

We will disembark Silhouette at PTA in Amsterdam and need to fill some time until we board Koningsdam at Waterland Pier at 2pm. I discovered that Celebrity offers opportunity ($39/pax) to stay on board up until 90 minutes prior to sailing, with access to public lounges, some dining, pool deck and spa services. We would need to vacate our cabins by 8:30am and our luggage would be stored until we leave to board next ship. This is new to me and I wondered if anyone has used this service. Chances are that Amsterdam weather might not be appropriate for long hours on the pool deck.

It is $59/pax. (on all Europe sailings excluding Transatlantic cruises ending in a U.S. port)

From Celebrity:

Extend Your Stay

This optional program allows you to extend your cruise vacation, remain onboard and enjoy some of the ship services until 90 minutes prior to the ship's next departure. Complimentary breakfast and lunch in Bistro on Five, non-alcoholic drinks from Café al Bacio, first-run movies, access to the pool, fitness centre and select spa services plus lockers in the spa changing room. You'll even have an extra hour in your stateroom. Enroll at the Guest Relations Desk onboard. $59 per adult, $29.50 for children ages 3-12, free for children under 3. Credit cards accepted all day for bar and spa purchases. Available on all European sailings.

It is $59/pax. (on all Europe sailings excluding Transatlantic cruises ending in a U.S. port)

From Celebrity:

Extend Your Stay

This optional program allows you to extend your cruise vacation, remain onboard and enjoy some of the ship services until 90 minutes prior to the ship's next departure. Complimentary breakfast and lunch in Bistro on Five, non-alcoholic drinks from Café al Bacio, first-run movies, access to the pool, fitness centre and select spa services plus lockers in the spa changing room. You'll even have an extra hour in your stateroom. Enroll at the Guest Relations Desk onboard. $59 per adult, $29.50 for children ages 3-12, free for children under 3. Credit cards accepted all day for bar and spa purchases. Available on all European sailings.

I wonder how that works on the Eclipse, they've ditched Bistro on Five for an a la carte Sushi restaurant

We took this option on Reflection (when they still had Bistro on Five) and loved it, no rushing to get off, just a leisurely morning, not by the pool, but we did relax at cafe al bacio, we had a great lunch, and watched new guests arriving and wondering at the ship. Worked for us, I hate the shock of having to vacate so early its like a big slap in the face at the end of your holiday! Not sure what lunch option is now, but would say go for it!

We did it once in Venice. Was lovely up until we tried to leave! Followed all the instructions to the letter, met early along with about 30 other people. Nobody turned up with our passports. Took about an hour, with people in the group going out to look for our luggage, to get it sorted. Instead of taking the public bus we had to get a taxi to the airport. We did get a follow up apology but really should have pushed for part of the cost of the day to be refunded. Not sure if I would do it again.