Cabanas at Grand Turk

All depends what you're looking for. We're pool people, so we usually just find chairs around the pool. Last year we took my 80-year-old Mother on a family cruise so we rented a cabana. It was nice to have a stationary place as a base. The service was great too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've been to Grand Turk twice and the second time we rented a cabana. We like spending some time at the pool to get out of that salt water. It was us and our teenage son, plus another couple and their adult daughter & teenage son. It turned out to be a blessing as the wife had just undergone cancer surgery, so it was nice to have the shade and a/c cabana when needed. The chairs are a little nicer too. Plus, it was nice to have the bar/food service when we wanted it.

The boys would go down to the beach and snorkel for awhile, then come back to the pool, and back and forth. It was definitely nice to not have to worry about watching all the stuff either, we could just put it in the cabana.

As to whether it's worth it or not, that's up to you. We split ours between the 2 families. And I know the price has gone up since we went in November. But I did enjoy it. There are pictures in my signature from our cruise on the Magic, they show how it looks.

We always try and book a cabana in Grand Turks. They are nice and clean and it is great having your own private waiter. You can only have 4 guests per cabana. We found this out a couple of years ago. It does mention this when you book it. We have 6 people in our group and after an hour someone from the bar came to our cabana and told us that 2 of the people would have to sit in lounge chairs that were away from the cabana. It was okay for them to sit in the lounge chairs in front of the cabana.

We always try and book a cabana in Grand Turks. They are nice and clean and it is great having your own private waiter. You can only have 4 guests per cabana. We found this out a couple of years ago. It does mention this when you book it. We have 6 people in our group and after an hour someone from the bar came to our cabana and told us that 2 of the people would have to sit in lounge chairs that were away from the cabana. It was okay for them to sit in the lounge chairs in front of the cabana.

Hmm... we had 7 people at ours and nobody said anything. They took our drink and food orders, so she saw there were more than 4 people. I'm sure it just depends on who is working.

"Worth it" is so subjective. I booked one when we were in Grand Turk because I had a deal where if I booked three excursions, I got 20% off all of them. So the cabana at GT only cost me $35, if I remember correctly. My husband spent a little time in the cabana, but I spent no time at all in it. So for me, I would never pay full price for one. It wouldn't be worth it. But for $35 it was nice to have a place to lock up our stuff and change our clothes.

"Worth it" is so subjective. I booked one when we were in Grand Turk because I had a deal where if I booked three excursions, I got 20% off all of them. So the cabana at GT only cost me $35, if I remember correctly. My husband spent a little time in the cabana, but I spent no time at all in it. So for me, I would never pay full price for one. It wouldn't be worth it. But for $35 it was nice to have a place to lock up our stuff and change our clothes.

I'm paying $160.00 for my Cabana at GT this July. Even at 20% off the discounted cost would be $128.00

Depends on what you are looking for.

For us, we are "beach" people and the GT cabanas are too far from the beach for our liking. We always get Cabanas at HMC and Roatan since they are just steps from the water.

If you're pool people, or have someone in your group that must be in AC, a GT cabana may be worth it.

We were at GT in October and spent all day on the free loungers under the free umbrellas. We didn't have anything valuable with us, so we didn't have to worry about being able to lock things up. Paying for a cabana would have been a big waste of money for us.

We got one in our cruise last September and loved it. We were cruising with my at the time 15mo old daughter so having the AC and even just having a place with a door to kind of separate us from the action was great. We got one for our cruise next month (oh how I love being able to say next month!) as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are the second ship in that day...it's worth it. We had a cabana the first time we went to GT and it was great. This last time I didn't get one and it was a huge mistake. By the time we got of the ship there wasn't one single chair left at the pool. [emoji15]

We were just there and rented one. I was really glad. The air conditioning was great and there is a ceiling fan on the porch that made sitting outside nice too. I loved having the call button otherwise we would have been standing in some really long lines. Also good to have a place to lock your stuff. We had 8 and it was fine. They say 4 on the reservation but no one complained. I did see one cabana have a problem when people from the pool went and took their loungers off their porch.

Hey y'all

When I checked, it looks like Carnival Pride will be there from 8 a.m. to 2:30 and we'll (Conquest) be there from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. I think.

I went ahead and booked a cabana. I will probably utilize it more than anyone cause I have to take naps; damn fatigue. Between that, the heat (hopefully Grand Turk isnt too bad in October??), and the liquor, well yeah, Imma need a place to rest. :')

The total came out to $124. We'll (hubby and I) be splitting the cost with my sis 'n' law and her hubby.

Hey y'all

When I checked, it looks like Carnival Pride will be there from 8 a.m. to 2:30 and we'll (Conquest) be there from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. I think.

I went ahead and booked a cabana. I will probably utilize it more than anyone cause I have to take naps; damn fatigue. Between that, the heat (hopefully Grand Turk isnt too bad in October??), and the liquor, well yeah, Imma need a place to rest. :')

The total came out to $124. We'll (hubby and I) be splitting the cost with my sis 'n' law and her hubby.

Good for you! I enjoyed having it last time too. We were on the Magic, so one of the bigger ones, and I forgot what other ship pulled in that day too. We also split ours between us and the other family, so for the $60 or whatever, it was worth it to us. And yes, for some, that's not what they want to spend their money on, which is fine. But we really liked having it. Enjoy it!!

We always get a cabana at GT whenever we can. Over the years we have made good friends with some of the cabana attendants, so we get GREAT food and drink service. If you ever get Ricardo, Vanessa, or Winsome be sure to tell them that Big Jeff says Hi!!! :D