Ladies Thong Bottom Bikini's....

LOLL Waterguy!

I only travelled on NCL and I didn’t see any thong bikinis but it was not very hot so there was not many people in bathing suit. On the funnel deck, I guess thong bikinis are welcomed, but I’ve never been there myself.

In all my many cruises, I think I've only seen two or maybe three thongs bikinis on a cruise ship. IMHO, it's just not an appropriate look for someone when there are lots of kids around. Like one young boy said when he saw a woman wearing one, "hey mommy, that woman's butt is eating her bathing suit !!!". True story.

Heh, I think its definately appropriate if you can pull it off(literally, too I guess). Kids dont seem to care whats appropriate at 2am when running down the halls like banshees, so let em get a taste of a little rump medicine early on!:D

yes.. we DO plan to have fun...

To quote Mark Twain:

"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you did not do than by the things you did do. So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.

Explore.... Dream....Discover."

I only remember seeing one once and it wasn't Carnival. I think it was either Pacific Princess or Sovereign of the Seas as it was a couple of years ago. The only reason WHY I remember this was the young woman was AT LEAST a size 16 so to make it PLAIN IT was not becomming. When ever I read posts of ones asking if this is okay I say LOOK in the MIRROR and then decide if this shows your attributes to their best. I always too post this story when a plus sized woman worried if it would be proper for her to appear in a swimsuit that is modest. I always tell them if they had seen this woman in the thong bikini -they would not worry about how bad they looked.

Lets face it for us that no longer have the great shape it is best that we camaflauge and be as modest as possible. But if you still got it and want to flaunt it I don't care. Just be sure you don't have a few too many curves- please don't-nothing looks worse. As far as little kids being around-they see alot worse in PG movies all the time.

I don't think anyone will throw her overboard. Maybe a jealous woman. But, if the ladies can do topless sunbathing, why would anyone care if your GF wears a thong. I say more power to her. Trust me, if I looked good in one, I'd wear it. I have looked in a mirror.

wow! i gotta say that i'm a size 2 and can wear a thong, in fact i own a few thong suits, but on a cruise ship??? i leave them home. i'm not worried about kids...they HAVE seen worse on tv...i just never felt it was "cruise appropriate".

my dh would probably love it, but somehow, i'd feel just too weird.

wow! i gotta say that i'm a size 2 and can wear a thong, in fact i own a few thong suits, but on a cruise ship??? i leave them home. i'm not worried about kids...they HAVE seen worse on tv...i just never felt it was "cruise appropriate".

my dh would probably love it, but somehow, i'd feel just too weird.

It can go both ways too. You do need SOME curves. My daughter is a double 00 and weighs 85 pounds and is always trying to GAIN weight. She would never wear one as she knows she would not look good in one. She actually likes tankinis as she does not like her ribs showing.

Well, I will say this much: I will be wearing my bikini thong swimsuits while on BOTH of my upcoming cruises in Jan & Oct 2005. :eek: Yes, I can wear them and I do have the curves all in the right places. I am not concerned about children seeing my butt because (like some have said) they can see much worse on TV. :rolleyes: Now, if I happen to offend anyone because I choose to wear such attire, all I can say is....DON'T LOOK!!! :cool:

Bikini thong swimsuit wearers....unite!! Hahahaha! :p

Happy sailing,

T.

I agree if you are fat or ever were fat and have stretch marks and scars and all that stuff - please stay far far far from the bikinis and thongs - I dont want to be swimming and run into someone whos stomach looks like it got hit with a chainsaw :eek: If I wanted to see a fat a$$ or stomach Id look at my own :D

But if you got it girl - you better flaunt it while you have it!!!!!! The only ones who complain are the ones who cant control their bf's or husbands and they get jealous. Personally, I enjoy checking out the hot girls - usually always way more than my bf. I got give those people with those awesome tight bodies alot of credit- I dont have the discipline to jog on vacation(or any day really:D ) unless someones running ifo me with an ice cream cone.

The one post had a good point. You don't have to be over weight or under weight-just have some surgery scars or whatever.

Last year I saw this woman who had tanned so much her skin was leathery and she looked like a prune. I had no idea her age. I am guessing somewhere between fifty and eighty. She was slim-a nice size- no tummy so I am guessing she was not as old as she looked- but she sure did not look good in that bikini with her leathery prune skin. I realize even a one peice would not had helped her much but still it would have been an improvement.

Archived