Nachi Cocum?

jcguidry

Guest limit was recently increased to 130, but the lack of water toys, music, etc. tends to keep the number of kids way down. Great food, drinks, and service - very quiet and relaxing. Some complain about the appearance of the parking lot - who cares? Enjoy the beach, the pool, the guacamole, and one more margarita! :cool:

Has anyone been to Nachi very recently? I have heard that it has gone down a bit. I've never been and this my husbands first cruise so I want it to be the best so he will want to go again, I reserved us spots at Nachi Cocum but now since I have been reading elsewhere that it has gone downhill a bit I am worrying.

Is it easy to get a cab back to the cruise ship?

Do you tip cab drivers?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Has anyone been to Nachi very recently? I have heard that it has gone down a bit. I've never been and this my husbands first cruise so I want it to be the best so he will want to go again, I reserved us spots at Nachi Cocum but now since I have been reading elsewhere that it has gone downhill a bit I am worrying. As good as always 6 months ago :cool:

Is it easy to get a cab back to the cruise ship? Yes - if none are waiting your waiter will call for one. Should be the same fare both ways.

Do you tip cab drivers? I do - fare last year was $17 for 4 of us - I gave the guy a $20.

Have a great cruise! :D

Has anyone been to Nachi very recently? I have heard that it has gone down a bit. I've never been and this my husbands first cruise so I want it to be the best so he will want to go again, I reserved us spots at Nachi Cocum but now since I have been reading elsewhere that it has gone downhill a bit I am worrying.

Is it easy to get a cab back to the cruise ship?

Do you tip cab drivers?

I've been there three times, going there again next month. Cabs are easy to get. For each of our three trips, the driver dropping us off asked what time we wanted to be picked up. There were on time. Even if this does not happen, the staff can call a cab for you. This will not be a problem. Have a great cruise.

Thank you everyone for all the info!

I had just a few more questions.

Do the cab drivers speak English? Do I just tell them to take me to the Carnival pier? I'm a little worried because from what I am reading there are a couple of different cruise ship docking places, so I don't want to get taken to the wrong one.

Most of the cab drivers we have had on Coz over many years spoke enough English. Write down your pier name (you can even use your phone to take a picture of the sign with the pier name) - it is not that hard (unless you've had 10-12 margaritas :cool:).

Most of the cab drivers we have had on Coz over many years spoke enough English. Write down your pier name (you can even use your phone to take a picture of the sign with the pier name) - it is not that hard (unless you've had 10-12 margaritas :cool:).

The 10-12 margaritas might be my problem [emoji23][emoji23]

Thank you everyone for all the info!

I had just a few more questions.

Do the cab drivers speak English? Do I just tell them to take me to the Carnival pier? I'm a little worried because from what I am reading there are a couple of different cruise ship docking places, so I don't want to get taken to the wrong one

MOST Carnival ships dock at Puerta Maya, (south of town) but SOME dock at Punta Langosta (in town). It is Important for you know where you have docked. As John says best thing is to take a photo of the pier sign or write it down before you leave so that you are sure when you are returning.

Most drivers, especially on the popular cruise ship runs, will understand enough English to recognized the pier name, so long as you are sure of the right name. Some will speak fluent English, but do not expect to be able to carrry out lengthy discussions.

Looking for a nice place with pretty water and scenery to hang out at and drink for the day in Cozumel. Would also like to avoid large crowds and lots of children. Is Nachi Cocum a good choice?

Most of the beach clubs are similar as far as pretty water and scenery. Drinks are also readily available all over the island. Nachi is less likely to have children than other places, but that is not a guarantee that they will not be there. Last spring i was seated near two extended families that had about 15 under 12 year olds between them.

Most of the popular beach clubs on Cozumel are lined up along the same side of the island. A google search for a map of Cozumel should give you some results with the beach clubs highlighted. You pass Paradise Beach and Sanchos to get to Nachi.

We went to Nachi Cocum last week and enjoyed it. There were no more than 50 people there the whole day. Unlimited drinks and lunch which included and appetizer, salad or soup, entree and dessert. More than enough food. The pool with the swim up bar was great. If you want relaxation this is a great place. We would go back again.

We went in April & loved it! It was extremely relaxing & quiet. There were very few kids there & definitely not the max 130 guests a day.

The guacamole is not to be missed & the drinks were on point.

Had no problems with a cab. I don't think we even had to tell them the pier name. We just told them what ship we were on & they knew which one to go to.

There wasn't one thing I would change about it. It was exactly what we were looking for!

I always bring my Bose and in the afternoon place it at the bar and everyone enjoys. I ask and people always tell me what music to play. Nothing vulgar just fun. Nachi is what you make it. Always a good time, but not like Mr Sanchos party pool.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've been to Nachi three times now, and this last trip left a bit to be desired. The server was a bit surly and sullen, and not very friendly at all. That made it less fun, for sure.The cigar smokers near us didn't thrill me, either. The food and drink and swimming still make it a good bargain, and I like the quiet.

I would NOT recommend the snorkel excursion at Nachi. The boat does not have a platform. You have to climb onto the side of the boat and jump away from there. The guide we had was not very good at keeping track of everyone. It was deep enough where we were that you didn't get a good view of the fish. Then the guide went into the really deep water, which was so dark you saw nothing. It happened to be choppy that day, and when we were getting back on the boat, my legs were getting thumped by the boat as I held onto the rope waiting my turn to leave the water. After a great experience in Roatan, this was a real let down.

Our second visit to Nachi coming in August. I know the water toys are extra (found that out last time when we tried to climb on the big float and was shooed off cause we didn't pay :o) but, question:

Does anyone know if you can we bring your own air mattress/pool float?