In port 7 am to 2 pm? Beach clubs?

sunset785

Is this enough time to go to one of the beach clubs if we get off the ship at 830-9? We are thinking of going to Tropicante and leave there by about 1215 to head back to port. We have two kids (5 and 3 ) so the beach is our best bet with them. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Personally I would go to Maya Chan no matter how short my time in Costa Maya. Very personal service, they limit the number of people there per day and the food is completely amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For many, especially groups or large families, the cost of Maya Chan for such a short period of time isn't a value.

OP, believe me, all beach clubs will be open and waiting for you. Have a good time.

• 1 month later...

I have the same concern for our Spring Break trip next year. I'm not sure that paying for an all-inclusive resort makes sense for us since we'll be in port from 7AM-2PM. We'll be traveling with our kids (15, 14, 12). I'm at a loss of what to do at this stop, but I hear Blue Kay/Key is nice...is that too far from the Carnival port?

I have the same concern for our Spring Break trip next year. I'm not sure that paying for an all-inclusive resort makes sense for us since we'll be in port from 7AM-2PM. We'll be traveling with our kids (15, 14, 12). I'm at a loss of what to do at this stop, but I hear Blue Kay/Key is nice...is that too far from the Carnival port?

No, it is the first place on the malecon, next to the lighthouse. $3pp shuttle or $2pp taxi. Taxi would be better as they would take you direct whereas you would have to walk back from the first shuttle stop and hawkers will try and get you into their club but you would have to walk outside the port to get a taxi. About a 5 minute ride by taxi or shuttle.

Thanks, c-leg5!

My family are avid snorkelers who enjoy clear waters with sea life. Do you know if Blue Kay/Key fits that bill? I'm concerned with all the seagrass I've read about at Costa Maya...is there an abundance of that there, too?

• 1 month later...
Thanks, c-leg5!

My family are avid snorkelers who enjoy clear waters with sea life. Do you know if Blue Kay/Key fits that bill? I'm concerned with all the seagrass I've read about at Costa Maya...is there an abundance of that there, too?

I did not find the beach at Blue Kay pretty. And there was sea grass when we were there. We didn't get in the water.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks, c-leg5!

Blue Kay was the one place that I have experienced in CM without the sea grass, but of course this can very due to the weather/season.

Snorkeling is ok there (probably the best you'll find along the Malecon) and out by the rocks. It's not deep to get out there at all and super easy. Take a look at my review in my signature line below. I have tons of pictures from our day there and what we were able to see when snorkeling. :) Make sure you go to the end of the review a few pages in...that's out by the rocks (the beginning snorkeling pictures are up close to the shore). There's some really nice, decent sized, beautiful coral out there.

... Take a look at my review in my signature line below. I have tons of pictures from our day there and what we were able to see when snorkeling. ....

Wow, if you want to see what Costa Maya looks like expand Mitsugirly's signature and see those Costa Maya links. My evening productivity just went to zero as I cannot tear myself away from the amazing pictures!

Wow, if you want to see what Costa Maya looks like expand Mitsugirly's signature and see those Costa Maya links. My evening productivity just went to zero as I cannot tear myself away from the amazing pictures!

LOL, whoops. Yea, they do take up a bit of time. ;p

Thanks for your kind words and glad you are enjoying them. :)