Mystic Mountain Ocho Rios- have to do an excursion or cab it and go on our own?

kimflkim

Hi! Sailing 7.23 on Carnival Vista. Curious if I have to book an excursion to do the sky ride, bob sled or zip or can I hop in a cab and go there and pay al a carte? I looked at non Carnival tours and for some reason they say they don't cater to Carnival passengers? There's a few Carnival excursions- and I know the pros there- guaranteed not to miss the boat, etc.. But historically have found it's better to go on own- just not sure that's an option?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

• 3 weeks later...

We did Mystic Mountain last week coming from the Vista. We cabbed it and bought tickets there. The taxi guides are going to try to tell you that it costs 150 just to go up the mountain but that is bad information. They are trying to push you to do the $30 tour of the island instead of the $10 r/t ride to the mountain. Once there you can purchase whatever package you want.

If you want to zip line, I would pre purchase it though. It was sold out. Also, go early if you go on your own. The ships excursions go to the falls first and the Allure is docked at the other dock. We had a short wait for the bobsleds but by the time we were ready to go, it was backed up pretty far.

Its a $10 cab ride for a 62 mile (1 way) cab ride... vista docks in montego bay. book through carnival and have them match the price of the mystic mountain website

Vista docks in Ocho Rios. Its $10 RT but its only a mile and a half from the pier to Mystic Mountain.

We did Mystic Mountain last week coming from the Vista. We cabbed it and bought tickets there. The taxi guides are going to try to tell you that it costs 150 just to go up the mountain but that is bad information. They are trying to push you to do the $30 tour of the island instead of the $10 r/t ride to the mountain. Once there you can purchase whatever package you want.

If you want to zip line, I would pre purchase it though. It was sold out. Also, go early if you go on your own. The ships excursions go to the falls first and the Allure is docked at the other dock. We had a short wait for the bobsleds but by the time we were ready to go, it was backed up pretty far.

Thank you for the info!

• 2 years later...
On 7/16/2017 at 11:36 AM, Liljo22 said:

did you have a hard time getting taxi back?

On 6/26/2017 at 10:12 AM, BoBandy said:

We were looking at booking Mystic Mountain through Jaital tours. Has anyone used them lately?

I've read on other blogs that they are cheaper than other tour operators and do a good job.  Was looking at booking them for March 2020