Fishing in Aruba

Phoenix33

Has anyone gone on any of the local fishing charters in Aruba? We need recommendations. Our cruise line is not offering a fishing excursion. We have never gone on an excursion that wasn't through the cruise line before. Any advice is appreciated. We are in port from 1:00 - 10:00 p.m. and concerned that will be too late for fishing tours.

Google "Fishing Charters, Aruba"...lots of choices pop up! You may have trouble finding something to take you out that late in the day, but for sure, you won't risk missing the ship, with a 10 pm departure!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

. I have fished several times when on land based vacations in Aruba with one of the boats docked on Palm beach in front of the Marioitt .Short trip to fishing ground and caught a few Wahoo each trip Can't remember the name of the boat.

On 2/7/19 we will be in Aruba as as port of call from 8am to 4pm and considering a 4hr charter. Think it may be better to go on one of the boats near the cruise dock . So I will be following this thread to see what people have for advise.

. I have fished several times when on land based vacations in Aruba with one of the boats docked on Palm beach in front of the Marioitt .Short trip to fishing ground and caught a few Wahoo each trip Can't remember the name of the boat.

On 2/7/19 we will be in Aruba as as port of call from 8am to 4pm and considering a 4hr charter. Think it may be better to go on one of the boats near the cruise dock . So I will be following this thread to see what people have for advise.

Try Driftwoood, they are in the Marina by the port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
DH has decided to go with Dorothy Charters this month. I'll update you when we return.

Sounds good . Will be waiting to see how you do. We are looking for Driftwood Charters for January 2019.

Just getting ready to get the boat ready for a good season of fishing for Bass and Blues on Cape Cod.

• 1 month later...

My DH did go on a fishing excursion with Dorothy Charters while we were in Aruba on April 30th. He had a great time and caught wahoo. The owner of the charter picked him up right outside of the port entrance, which was very convenient. He also dropped him off after the excursion. He said he would recommend Dorothy Charters.

My DH did go on a fishing excursion with Dorothy Charters while we were in Aruba on April 30th. He had a great time and caught wahoo. The owner of the charter picked him up right outside of the port entrance, which was very convenient. He also dropped him off after the excursion. He said he would recommend Dorothy Charters.

Thanks for the info. Will consider them for our January Cruise

• 6 months later...

We have booked with Driftwood charters for February  7 2019  .   Did the reservation on line and was easy to get done  Their boat is docked just a five minute walk from the cruise dock. Will report back after the cruise

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...