Helicopter tour and parasailing

sunnyonaseaship

We want to try to get in the helicopter tour and parasailing whIle we're in Key West. I'm hoping to book a morning helicopter time and a 3pm parasailing time. We're on Celebrity and it says we're docked 7a-5p.

I'm considering booking both of these on our own vs the ship, however does anyone know how long the helicopter tour is when booked through the ship? I'm assuming the 10 min one, but haven't found a specfic answer.

Any other tips on timing these bookings so we can do some other quick sightseeing (cats at Hemingway's) and/or local eateries (Blue Heaven on my list) is greatly appreciated!

The one thing to be aware of is that the helicopter tour goes out of the airport (doooooh) which is on the other side of the island so you may have to book a cab to get out there and one to get back (one thing to find out is if you book the helicopter through the cruise line, will that include getting to the airport) If you need a ride out, it will, conservatively, add 30 minutes going and 30 minutes coming back.

Pjk

Personally, I would skip the helicopter and just do the parasailing. You will get the same bird's eye view parasailing and other than seeing the island and water from the air, you will not see much more on a helicopter. It's not like we have cliffs, waterfalls or volcanos that are better viewed from the air.

Just my opinion, but if you're parasailing, I would save the helicopter money for something else.