Parking

bestis

I am also looking for a hotel that offers parking while you are away on the cruise. Looking for some place within walking distance to French Quarters and has shuttle to the port. We will be staying 2 or 3 nights pre cruise.

Thanks!

I don't think the park and cruise hotels around the french quarter have a port shuttle. The park and cruise hotels that have port shuttles are either in metairie or gretna. The closest park and cruise hotel to the french quarter i've heard of is the holiday in superdome downtown...but you'd have to catch a cab or uber to the port.

http://www.hi-neworleans.com/port-of-new-orleans-cruise-package

someone recently said that hilton riverside had a park and cruise package. That's the first i've heard of it but if they do you could walk through the riverwalk mall connected to it to get to the port.

Another thing you can consider is trying to book fulton garage for your cruise and hotel stay. Some on here have said they've allowed them book a couple of extra nights with the cruise. Hotel parking in New Orleans is crazy...$40/night most places. That really adds up if you're staying 3 nights.

Then if you're staying in the warehouse district you may be able to walk to your hotel. If you're in the FQ I'd drop someone off at the hotel only with the luggage you need for the hotel stay..leave the rest in the vehicle, park at fulton and walk/streetcar/uber/cab back to the hotel. Return to fulton on the morning of your cruise, collect the remaining baggage from your vehicle, and take their free shuttle to the port.

http://neworleansparking.com/

Edited by Saint Greg

You may also consider parking with Machu Pichu. I've never used them myself but one of these reviewers said they parked their car the day before their cruise and the Machu Pichu guy dropped them off at their hotel, picked them up the next morning, and drove them to the cruise port.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2404681

• 2 months later...

I'm Staying at Hampton Inn-convention center. They have a cruise special that includes parking. 142 for room and 14 a day for parking (booked for September) within walking distance to the port, and trolley for sight seeing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums