Carnival Victory Key West

pmills1

Walk around.

Go to Sloppy Joes. They had a guy playing guitar and singing when we went in around lunch time. Enjoyed a few beers and chilled out while munching on sloppy Joe fries, which is exactly what the name suggests.

Not a big fan of touristy things, but I consider myself a little bit of a Parrothead, so going to Margaritaville in Key West was kinda neat for me...just did the gift shop, though.

But you may like completely different things, so.............

Walk around.

Go to Sloppy Joes. They had a guy playing guitar and singing when we went in around lunch time. Enjoyed a few beers and chilled out while munching on sloppy Joe fries, which is exactly what the name suggests.

Not a big fan of touristy things, but I consider myself a little bit of a Parrothead, so going to Margaritaville in Key West was kinda neat for me...just did the gift shop, though.

But you may like completely different things, so.............

Sloppy Joes was the only place open at 9:30 a.m. when we were there so yeah, we're big fans...

I agree that walking around would be enough. If you are interested in touristy things you can hit the southernmost point, Hemingway's house and mile 0 on foot. Sloppy Joe's is a great bar. There are other amazing bars as well right in Duval St.

I don't recommend the beach. It's nothing like other Florida beaches, and way below what you will see in most ports outside of the US.

You can grab a map and get around easily. Bikes rented for $16 the last time I was there, 3 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We really enjoyed the hop on and off trolley. I got a kick out of Hemingway's house tour, probably because I enjoy both his writing and that type of architecture.

I loved Key West and my 15 year old granddaughter and I agreed it was a pity I couldn't afford to buy a house and stay there.

Going back on our farewell to the Breeze cruise summer of 2018.

Happy sailing.

We really enjoyed the hop on and off trolley. I got a kick out of Hemingway's house tour, probably because I enjoy both his writing and that type of architecture.

I loved Key West and my 15 year old granddaughter and I agreed it was a pity I couldn't afford to buy a house and stay there.

Going back on our farewell to the Breeze cruise summer of 2018.

Happy sailing.

Having lived here for over 15 years, I will tell you that this is my suggestion to everyone (relatives, friends, Facebook friends, etc.) who visit Key West. Whether you're on a cruise and have limited time, or are staying for a few days and want to get the lay of the land, this is the perfect first exposure to all of what KW has to offer. You can get on or off as your interests are piqued. Now, CityView or HCA, it's up to you and where ever you can get the best price - the tour & the service are pretty much the same.

I enjoyed Key West. We bought a groupon for CityView trolley and learned a lot from the drivers about the area. We did the Hemingway House tour and it was interesting. We hopped off at the butterfly garden and took a tour - small but neat, butterflies flying everywhere and some loud flamingoes. Next to the butterfly garden, we should have stoped at the southernmost point but the line was long and we were short on time. We just rode by. We stopped at Kermit's for key lime EVERYTHING souvenirs and delicious key lime pie/chocolate covered key lime pie on a stick. YUM!!! Then we walked Duval street for a couple hours and had a few drinks, including at the first Margaritaville for novelty reasons. I love Key West, but there's no need for an excursion as others have said.