Transfers with Windstar

travelberlin

The WS Cruises dock at San Basilio, which is right across the canal from the Hilton on the island Guidecca. From the vaparetto you go for about 20 meters to a small bridge over the bridge and you are at the terminal, very quick and easy. From Santa Lucia train station you take the vaparetto number 2 right to San Basilio. From the airport you take a vaparetto to Santa Lucia, so much cheaper than a taxi. A taxi could cost in excess of 120 Euro. That is what we did. Very convenient. Happy Sailing.

If WS offers transfer from the airport directly to the ship you might want to consider it, especially if you travel with more than a carry on. Strenz is famiar with Venice so hopping a vaparetto is not intimindating for her. Lucky woman has been there many times! We, on the other hand, are always jet lagged and try to have transport arranged when flying into a new country for the first time. Private transfers are available in Venice from Viator as well as WS. I can't drag luggage anymore and my husband has some foot problems. Venice is terribly expensive for transportation though so check the options.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks Strenz and Sb44. I will have more than a carry on and although traveling by vaporetto is not a big problem, I am considering taking a transfer with Windstar. Do you know if the transfers are private? I had once a private transfer with Azamara to San Basilio and it was quite fast.

They contract so it's probably a matter of how many coming in on same flight or same time. They might use same agent Viator .

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk