Question for solo On Wind Surf December

elklemi

Asked questions on Windstar website but have received no response, do they provide any info on where we "dock" at each island to help on deciding how to spend the day and as a solo does the cost of beverage package and laundry package cut 50% or stay the same, also what is cost on ship for beer and mixed drink to help on deciding on beverage package. I am flying in day before and what time does embarkation begin as check out time at hotel is 11 or 12. This will be my first time on Windstar and not as much info available as other main cruise lines but am so looking forward to this experience and to mark a milestone birthday. Thank you.

Here's a link to their blog that indicates laundry and beverage packages are half price for singles. We don't buy beverage packages because we find their prices reasonable. Which cruise are you going on, Yachtsman or Classic?

http://blog.windstarcruises.com/2015/12/simplify-your-voyage-beverage-packages-and-laundry-service/

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Asked questions on Windstar website but have received no response, do they provide any info on where we "dock" at each island to help on deciding how to spend the day and as a solo does the cost of beverage package and laundry package cut 50% or stay the same, also what is cost on ship for beer and mixed drink to help on deciding on beverage package. I am flying in day before and what time does embarkation begin as check out time at hotel is 11 or 12. This will be my first time on Windstar and not as much info available as other main cruise lines but am so looking forward to this experience and to mark a milestone birthday. Thank you.

Look at your itinerary for boarding time. Usually from 1 pm. Hotel should be flexible or store your luggage for a couple of hours.

Yachtmans. Do you have prices of beer and regular drinks?

I don't have price lists but think most beer around $5, mixed drinks a bit more but not as pricey as most restaurants we visit. I think most expensive drink I had was Grey Goose martini for around $9. All drinks plus 15%. So is beverage package. We're off the ship most days in port and have a drink before dinner, wine with dinner, and usually something at the bar afterwards and find it all reasonable. We're doing Yachtsman for 3rd time in Nov. All ports are anchor. Jost has small pier with cabs. Most people that are not doing tours go to White Beach for Soggy Dollar. We go further down beach to Gertrudes. Foxy's is the night club spot on the overnight. Virgin Gorda has a cove for anchoring. Unless something has changed you can only leave ship on tours there. Bummer. We used to spend day at Bitter End. It looks like one of the Jost days they are showing Tortola tours so they may be moving on the overnight or just running tenders. Jost and Tortola within spitting distance. St Barts anchor Gustavia harbor. Cabs available. French island so you'll need some Euros. Set cab price up front. Most of all be flexible. Small ships things change according to wind, weather. Print the available shore excursions from the website and it will help a great deal. Hope you will love it.

Here's a link to their blog that indicates laundry and beverage packages are half price for singles. We don't buy beverage packages because we find their prices reasonable. Which cruise are you going on, Yachtsman or Classic?

http://blog.windstarcruises.com/2015/12/simplify-your-voyage-beverage-packages-and-laundry-service/

That is very helpful, thanks!

We were just on the Windstar ship from Rome to Athens and most of our cocktails were $8.50 + 15%. Manhattans and Seabreezes. We usually ordered bottles of wine for dinner - quite reasonable, I thought. A lot of ours were in the $32-40 range but we also had a very good one that $28 - maybe a Roundhill Cab? I can't remember. They will save your unfinished bottle and bring it out on another night.

• 3 weeks later...

We sailed the Surf BTB in the Caribbean in Dec 2012, and will be doing the same two cruises this Dec 9th and 16th. My opinion, those who buy the drinks package must aggressively try to get their money's worth, (and it often shows). We are pretty heavy drinkers by medical standards while on cruises. My experience is that you get a good pour and the prices are acceptable. We totaled the bill at the end and paid less for the two weeks than one week of drink package. As noted above, there were some who maximized their DP and were easily identified. JMHO

We sailed the Surf BTB in the Caribbean in Dec 2012, and will be doing the same two cruises this Dec 9th and 16th. My opinion, those who buy the drinks package must aggressively try to get their money's worth, (and it often shows). We are pretty heavy drinkers by medical standards while on cruises. My experience is that you get a good pour and the prices are acceptable. We totaled the bill at the end and paid less for the two weeks than one week of drink package. As noted above, there were some who maximized their DP and were easily identified. JMHO

We were on the same cruise in 2012. Wind Surf just had a complete overhaul. We stopped in Martinique and the previous CEO (Hans) was onboard. That was our first cruise ever and never looked back since. Great fun. You will meet many great passengers that have at least one thing in common - the sea (and making new friends LOL ).

If I had the time, I would go again on the same cruise you're going.