Monopods with three legs

I assume you mean what's pictured below and not the obvious play on words, just hanging there?

:)

61SEsDM%2BZRL._SL1500_.jpg

Dave

'

yep! Any experience with it?

I have a Sony monopod but thought perhaps one with legs might be better.

I use a mefoto tripod. One of the legs can be unscrewed and used as a monopod if necessary. That way I always have a tripod and a monopod handy. The one I have breaks down to a small enough form factor that I can put it in a suitcase. I am not sure why you would actually need a monopod that has a tripod on the bottom.

I am not sure why you would actually need a monopod that has a tripod on the bottom.

At my granddaughter's recitals, I had always handheld my camera/video (Sony A6300) and thought a monopod with legs would be more better - did not want to take up too much room with a conventional tripod.

Might want to video on my next cruise without again, taking too much space. I would photograph without either a monopod.

If you are worried about shake from hand holding look at getting a gimbal. If you are just looking for something that can stand on its own without having legs spread out the item above might work. I don't think I could use something like this for my camera as it would tip over from the weight of the lens.

I have the Sirui version of this (I think thats the one shown) - its a truly great event/museum (where tripod are awkward or not allowed) gadget but in my book a little heavy for most travel, where I use either a lightweight travel tripod or more often just carry a small monopod and a bungee cord.

The sirui weights a bit more than my vanguard carbon fiber tripod as an example. Also note that for anything more than a small camera/lens its not really freestanding (if I put my D500 on it with anything zoom it will tip over very easily, with the Tamron 150-600 it won't stand at all without being held.