Montreal Cruise Terminal

lucyd

I have read that the remodeled Montreal Cruise Terminal will be completed in May of this year, but that the temporary location may also continue to be used if needed. The port schedule lists dock H6 for the Viking Sky in October 0f 2017. Does anyone know where this will be located - Remodeled or temporary location?

• 1 month later...
Any updates on whether the new terminal is completed?

Hopefully a local will chime in with an actual 'eyes on' confirmation, but since the first cruise of the season - May 6 - is using the renovated old terminal again instead of the temp one, all seems to be at least fit for use even if perhaps not 100% complete... the schedule confirms the only use of the temp terminal is when there's a busy period October 1-2 with multiple ships.

Since it's less than 2 weeks until the big 375 birthday celebrations, and revamped terminal was supposed to be finished in time, I'm betting that the change of pier was actually down to the flood conditions in Montreal at the moment. There's only a maximum clearance of <50metres for the Jacques Cartier bridge - factor in the significant increase in water levels and there's a good chance even the modest-sized Veendam may not have been able to get under it. T34/5 though are east of the bridge, so still accessible... since next cruise isn't until the end of the month, hopefully the flooding will be over and normal service restored.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9badbac88bbfc4c979269078324f55a2.jpg

3d36ec40fda1b1c4aa3f935a14535872.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are doing a great job...as an ambassador for Montreal

I can see part of the Maasdam from my building ,but will be watching when she leaves Montreal this afternoon.:cool:

Thank you for the pictures Cruise4food. Here is a newscast (in French, no English one for now) to see some pictures of inside the terminal and nice views of the Maasdam. Here it is (see the second video):

http://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2017/06/10/le-nouveau-terminal-de-croisieres-accueille-son-premier-navire

The English version:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/montreal-old-port-cruise-ship-renovations-2017-1.4155173

Arrived to see MS Maasdam winching up the last mooring rope and then she slid sideways. She had a horn battle with the amphibious harbour tour boat (which was actually on land at the time). I would say that Maasdam won on sound power for certain.

14496c1c6aa37cac1001c12be5bbbd01.jpgc30bb86d46b3d85dfb2c1fe5ab0f579a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Arrived to see MS Maasdam winching up the last mooring rope and then she slid sideways. She had a horn battle with the amphibious harbour tour boat (which was actually on land at the time). I would say that Maasdam won on sound power for certain.

14496c1c6aa37cac1001c12be5bbbd01.jpgc30bb86d46b3d85dfb2c1fe5ab0f579a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Great pictures..