Discoverer bag of laundry question

ChucktownSteve

It says a Discoverer perk is one free bag of laundry per cabin per seven night sailing. If I understand it correctly even with two Discoverer people sailing, only one gets the laundry bag. On a 12 night cruise is it still one bag until you hit 14 nights or after seven you can have a second bag?

Yes. But the bag is cloth and can hold quite a bit if you stuff it. That's also the suite benefit and even with Discoverer passengers, it doesn't combine. On the other hand, there is a complimentary self-service laundry on deck 7.

Yes. But the bag is cloth and can hold quite a bit if you stuff it. That's also the suite benefit and even with Discoverer passengers, it doesn't combine. On the other hand, there is a complimentary self-service laundry on deck 7.

Yeah like I'm gonna get my DW to do laundry on vaca? hahahahaha

Thankx all for your input. If we need more than will fit into the one bag, there's always OBC that can be used.

My husband stuffed 35 items into the linen bag x2.

Not sure if we had 2 because we were both Discoverer LCV or because we were on a 14 day cruise.

Two would be because you were on a 14 day cruise. You cannot use the voucher on the last day. We tend to do one bag (for two of us) about 3 days in as this also takes our pre cruise few days and then another about a week later. Always manage to get everything in for the two of us and never had to do handwashing. It always comes back perfectly. I would add that DH changes for dinner and will wear that shirt twice before it goes to the laundry. Most of my evening stuff comes home to be washed then other than my "usual ordinary" back trousers which will get done on the second trip.

Like others, packing the bag is done with considerable care, rolling and squeezing - I have had over 40 items in one time (granted many were relatively lightweight so rolled into nothing in the bag.

I was all my under things by hand. send gym clothes and tops.. On a cold weather cruise more tops go out. .evening clothes one cruise something was wrong with the dry clean machine.. still have clothes that never got done. will this winter on a cruise. Two or three crew members told me the hot water can ruin clothes. I have seen some fade. I can stuff in too but not 40 items but i had well over 20.

I really hope that people do some habits wash. The laundry water very hit and many crew and guests have learned to wash something by hand.

Sorry if I misunderstand, but are you suggesting the laundry water has a different source or treated differently than other water used on the ship?

We are Discoverer and got 2 bags of laundry in our CC suite on Quest last year. We assumed it was one each, which is how Royal Caribbean does it. It was a 13 night cruise that original was supposed to be 16 (kind of wishing I'd asked to get the extra three nights' worth of points), so maybe they threw the second bag in because they felt badly?

Sorry if I misunderstand, but are you suggesting the laundry water has a different source or treated differently than other water used on the ship?

very very hot water and guessing bleach. a top of mine was ruin. German told me a dress shirt got ruin. when i am told by crew to be careful what i put in wash i know they mean it. i never send machine wash dresses-wash by hand .bras and bathing suits wash by hand. all water is the same source-ocean. does wonders on my hair too.

very very hot water and guessing bleach. a top of mine was ruin. German told me a dress shirt got ruin. when i am told by crew to be careful what i put in wash i know they mean it. i never send machine wash dresses-wash by hand .bras and bathing suits wash by hand. all water is the same source-ocean. does wonders on my hair too.

Thanks for the explanation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums