Vegan on windstar

crcossel

So my last cruise (RC) was my first as a vegan. But although the cruise was awesome by the end of the week I just couldn't face another night of pasta an plain marinara. Does anyone know if windstar has good vegan options? I'm looking for a cruise for my honeymoon.

Candice

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Everyone has their own version of vegan so I guess it depends on yours.😉 There are loads of fresh vegetables and fruits plus non meat dishes all the time. And if you let them know when booking and boarding, the chef will bend over backwards to please you.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Everyone has their own version of vegan so I guess it depends on yours.[emoji6] There are loads of fresh vegetables and fruits plus non meat dishes all the time. And if you let them know when booking and boarding, the chef will bend over backwards to please you.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Haha. True. Thank you!!! Makes me feel so much better!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband and I have requested vegan meals for all seven of our Windstar cruises. Our TA makes the request at the time of booking. The last couple of cruises, we have had an Indian chef who made us the most amazing meals. They truly do bend over backwards to cook delicious and creative vegan meals. Salads do not make a meal for us, and we have never had to rely on them as an option. I should share that we did have one cruise where the chef was not particularly creative with his vegan options. Enjoy....

Edited by ridethetide

Although not vegan, we brought my stepdaughter and her husband on a WS cruise several years ago - she had many dietary restrictions due to health issues. I alerted WS upfront, prior to the cruise, about no gluten or soy. She figured that she could work around her sugar and other restrictions herself.

She brought a lot of protein powder & other items because she was so worried about being accommodated. She was happy to see that the breakfast and lunch buffets had plenty of selection for her and each morning they delivered a dinner menu to her cabin and asked what she might like for dinner so they could be ready to modify certain dishes as needed. Of course everything could not be changed, but she had a nice variety. They just bent over backwards to accommodate her and it was so reassuring.

She has since passed away, but I always look back on that cruise with such fond memories.

From my own experience with WS not dietary but goes with what a cruisefan had to say. WS bends over backwards to help people. My father a sailor his whole life, he was deep into Alzheimer's and my sisters and I so believed in his present and his moments. We wanted to take him on his last sail. My husband and I were on our 2nd WS and we knew he would love it, and could do it. My sister, the nurse, took him on the Wind Surf in his beloved Caribbean. His moments were fantastic, he could never remember where is cabin was or even where the bathrooms were but he remembered where the drink of the day was! He swam in the pool, he loved the food, he was safe, most importantly he felt he made friends for the crew was so wonderful to him. My sister did not want to bother other vacationers with him so they stayed by themselves but the crew was fantastic. His last sail was wonderful. Our family since then is totally grateful to WS obvious on how many cruises we have been on since. Me total 20 cruises, sister 9, other sister 3, his nephew 2 and I can not tell you how many friends who have come with us. Yes, the crew is like nothing we have ever experienced. We , as a family, have been loyal and very grateful. Happy Sailing to one and all.

Just jumping in to say that you will have the best luck alerting the cruise line to any dietary restrictions in advance.

However, if you want some ideas for comparison, SeaDream is amazing and does a raw, vegan menu every night and the staff bends over backwards to accommodate any dietary needs. Oceania has also recently released new vegan menus, but is a more traditional cruise experience.

• 3 weeks later...

Although I am not vegan, I have multiple serious food allergies and they were fantastic with taking care of me. There were always various options and they were always gracious and accommodating. There were four vegans on our first week with Windstar and they raved about the food and were completely accommodated with inspired cuisine.