Bangkok Day Tours - Kanchanaburi

chives

Has anyone used Bangkok Day Tours recently? We are interested in the 2 day tour that sees the tigers, elephants and then overnight stay at the Royal River Kwai Resort. The second day goes to the Grand Palace. Has anyone taken this tour? Has anyone stayed at this resort?

If you haven't taken this particular tour but have visited the tigers and elephants, I would be interested in your thoughts.

Thanks,

Robin

Has anyone used Bangkok Day Tours recently? We are interested in the 2 day tour that sees the tigers, elephants and then overnight stay at the Royal River Kwai Resort. The second day goes to the Grand Palace. Has anyone taken this tour? Has anyone stayed at this resort?

If you haven't taken this particular tour but have visited the tigers and elephants, I would be interested in your thoughts.

Thanks,

Robin

Tiger temple has been closed due to mistreatment of tigers, several bodies of young tigers found in freezers. I was there in 2013 and it seemed ok., but apparently went downhill after that.

Trawl the internet for latest info on elephants and tiger temple, look at Tripadvisor. I did not go there but talked with some people who helped bathe them in the river.

I did my tour as a day trip, tigers and bridge over the river Kwai only. Long day as it is over 2 hours from Bangkok if I remember correctly.

We did the train trip to Kanchanaburi on our own. We were on a land trip. I would not recommend it unless you have a particular interest in the area. It was a 1 1/2 -2 hour train trip each way. Fairly uninteresting. Not much of a museum. Really not much to see. If out time was limited we would spend it in Bangkok.