Fantasy tub question.

we will have 2 staterooms that connect. 5158 & 5160. Pictures show 5160 has a rectangular tub. 5158 round. Not sure if it's an optical illusion but 5160 looks larger (which I would like). It also shows a sitting chair in cabin and 5158 does not. They are both 4E with the extended balacony.

Could someone please help me on this before we board. I have my choice right now.

Thank you!!!

we will have 2 staterooms that connect. 5158 & 5160. Pictures show 5160 has a rectangular tub. 5158 round. Not sure if it's an optical illusion but 5160 looks larger (which I would like). It also shows a sitting chair in cabin and 5158 does not. They are both 4E with the extended balacony.

Could someone please help me on this before we board. I have my choice right now.

Thank you!!!

As far as I know, all category 4 rooms have the round tub. Where did you see a picture that one has the rectangular tub?

The extra chair in the cat 4 rooms is typically only in those rooms that have the space for it. Both rooms are Cat 4E, should be pretty much identical.

I think both rooms only sleep 3 people. Queen bed (2) and sofa bed (1).

Remember that DCL will never allow you to BOOK more people in a room than there are beds, so no worries there. However, if you are planning any "switch arounds" within a large party, you need to be careful. For example, people sometimes book a child in a grandparent's room to save money but plan on that child sleeping in the parent's room. If that is part of the logic, you need to be sure that you have the beds you need.

I found out that the connecting rooms ONLY on 4E have a rectangular tub every third stateroom. This is a fact. "However" those rooms do NOT have a pull down bed.

As far as occupancy, the ship only will allow so many people to sail at a time.

As long as your cabin has an extra bed you are allowed to let your grandchild or whomever sleep on it.

The stewards know what's going on. Not sure what you are implying.

Thank you for your concern.

I found out that the connecting rooms ONLY on 4E have a rectangular tub every third stateroom. This is a fact. "However" those rooms do NOT have a pull down bed.

As far as occupancy, the ship only will allow so many people to sail at a time.

As long as your cabin has an extra bed you are allowed to let your grandchild or whomever sleep on it.

The stewards know what's going on. Not sure what you are implying.

Thank you for your concern.

I was implying nothing.

The ship fills in at least 3 different ways; number of cabins available, number of persons at each lifeboat station, and number of children in each age group. There must be space in each of these for a child to book and in the first 2 for an adult to book.

Yes, people shuffle around people in cabins on a regular basis. It makes sense to book in the most prudent way possible and there is nothing wrong with shuffling people and cabins. My concern was whether you knew that these are 3 person rooms, given that your previous posts have told us that you are cruising with an extended family. I have no idea what your plans may or may not be and whether they would work in 3 person cabins.

I was implying nothing.

The ship fills in at least 3 different ways; number of cabins available' date=' number of persons at each lifeboat station, and number of children in each age group. There must be space in each of these for a child to book and in the first 2 for an adult to book.

Yes, people shuffle around people in cabins on a regular basis. It makes sense to book in the most prudent way possible and there is nothing wrong with shuffling people and cabins. My concern was whether you knew that these are 3 person rooms, given that your previous posts have told us that you are cruising with an extended family. I have no idea what your plans may or may not be and whether they would work in 3 person cabins.[/quote']

Please excuse me for the misunderstanding. We have 3 couples and 4 children two of them are under the age of 2.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We stay in Cat 4E on Deck 5, regularly. The deck 5 Cat 4Es, as far as I know, all are slightly smaller rooms (no chair) but all have the square tub and an extended balcony. Some have the pull down bed (only a few forward, not sure about aft).