The New Yachts of Sea... strike that. The New Yachts of Ritz Carlton

It looks wonderful. But I suspect we will need to get a lot of extra $$$ out of our wallets as anything quoted as "bespoke" is just another way of saying super expensive. Just look at Crystal yacht cruises which range from $700 to $1000 per person per day. That's equates to a pretty nice land vacation at that rate.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It looks wonderful. But I suspect we will need to get a lot of extra $$$ out of our wallets as anything quoted as "bespoke" is just another way of saying super expensive. Just look at Crystal yacht cruises which range from $700 to $1000 per person per day. That's equates to a pretty nice land vacation at that rate.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That'd be a very nice land vacation. Now if I could just find some place on land that I could stay were I would be willing to pay that per day without changing scenery. They'd need to have an amazing staff, amazing food and some kind of super extras:confused:

• 2 weeks later...
The exterior view looks quite similiar to the new Scenic Eclipse yacht - also another one to watch.

Speaking of which, here is a quote from "taxare" on the Regent message board:

"The first sailing on the Eclipse is scheduled for August 31, 2018. The 114 suites range from 345 sq ft (12 of those) to 2600 sq ft with the majority between 365-430 sq ft. It is not clear from the brochure whether the balcony is included in the stated sq ft, but I'm guessing it is. As a rough cost comparison the October 8, 2017 Voyager Venice to Athens, 7 nights starts at $4099 cruise only. The Eclipse for 8 nights in April, 2019 starts at $6195."

This is the exact approach, strictly my opinion which I've typed in multiple posts - and sometimes was told it would not work by some know it all's, that Seabourn should have taken after selling the little sisters. But they went bigger and now there will be: Scenic; the 3 Expedition ships from Crystal; and 3 from the Ritz to occupy that niche. Will be interesting to see how the market turns out. We will have many more options over the next few years.

Edited by 2SailingNomads
Correct typo.

This is the exact approach, strictly my opinion which I've typed in multiple posts - and sometimes was told it would not work by some know it all's, that Seabourn should have taken after selling the little sisters. But they went bigger and now there will be: Scenic; the 3 Expedition ships from Crystal; and 3 from the Ritz to occupy that niche. Will be interesting to see how the market turns out. We will have many more options over the next few years.

We have lost count of the times we have been told when complaining about the sale of the Triplets that smaller ships are no longer cost effective and 'bigger is the only way to go'. Bigger is not always better - for the customer, anyway.

Speaking of which, here is a quote from "taxare" on the Regent message board:

"The first sailing on the Eclipse is scheduled for August 31, 2018. The 114 suites range from 345 sq ft (12 of those) to 2600 sq ft with the majority between 365-430 sq ft. It is not clear from the brochure whether the balcony is included in the stated sq ft, but I'm guessing it is. As a rough cost comparison the October 8, 2017 Voyager Venice to Athens, 7 nights starts at $4099 cruise only. The Eclipse for 8 nights in April, 2019 starts at $6195."

The Eclipse does include all shore excursions and not just the basic bus tours like Regent. though I still prefer private tours.

We have lost count of the times we have been told when complaining about the sale of the Triplets that smaller ships are no longer cost effective and 'bigger is the only way to go'. Bigger is not always better - for the customer, anyway.

Well, now it seems that "smaller is the way to go."

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/07/vacations-of-the-1-percent-trends-from-luxury-travel-agents.html

:rolleyes:

The issue is can it be profitable.

I hope it is but as I often say time will tell.

Remember Seabourn was losing money until they consolidated operations under HAL so let's see how Ritz does with this.

If they can make it successful for both the customer and for themselves then that is a win-win for everyone.

Keith