Princess shore excursion guarantee price

lbfluffy

i want to book the Germaine's Luau through Princess. The website says it's $119, the identical one through Germaine's is $95. How do you go about getting the price lowered. It says 110 percent price guarantee if I find a lower price.

i want to book the Germaine's Luau through Princess. The website says it's $119, the identical one through Germaine's is $95. How do you go about getting the price lowered. It says 110 percent price guarantee if I find a lower price.

Go to Princess' shore excursion website and click on the best prices guarantee details and do the following. Just make sure on the prices, as we have seen several different prices on several different websites:

• Purchase your shore excursion through Princess Cruises.
  • If you find the same shore excursion elsewhere for a lower price, download and complete the Best Price Guarantee Form, then submit via email to shoreexcursions@princesscruises.com.
  • Within two business days, you will be notified if your request meets the Best Price Guarantee criteria. If your request is accepted, you will receive 110% of the difference in price to enjoy in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit."

That's essential & if the Princess option includes transportation & the direct price does not then the guarantee does not apply.

Yes it did include the transportation.

Thank you.

Yes it did include the transportation.

Princess has to be aware of Germaine's published rates, which means there has to be a catch somewhere to make the Princess luau package different from the Germaine package. One thought is that Germaine offers transportation from and back to Waikiki hotels. Princess offers transportation from and to the ship only (as far as we can tell). That may be the difference. Just guessing...

Princess has to be aware of Germaine's published rates, which means there has to be a catch somewhere to make the Princess luau package different from the Germaine package. One thought is that Germaine offers transportation from and back to Waikiki hotels. Princess offers transportation from and to the ship only (as far as we can tell). That may be the difference. Just guessing...

True they have to pick up additional passengers, but looking at the comparison, it is the same package. I sent in the form, so we will see.

I'll let you know

Interesting because I have been wondering about this in another thread as I am trying to decide whether to take the ship excursion or do on my own because of the difference in price and the additional luau options available if you book directly with them. From what I can tell, the ship excursion would be their basic package with would be $75 and then $20 more for transportation which ends up about $14 cheaper than the ship excursion which I believe is $109. Not a huge difference but you wouldn't have the option to select their more expensive plan if you book through the ship.

I will be interested as well as to whether you would get a $15.40 refund per person (110% of the $14 difference) back from Princess. If so, then I probably will do the same and keep my booking with Princess. I have decided that for peace of mind, it would be better to take the excursion with Princess rather than do it on my own to ensure we get back to the ship in time for a 11pm departure.

Thanks.

I got approved. Made $27.50 pp OBC

Thank you for submitting a Shore Excursions Best Price Guarantee request. We are pleased to inform you that your request was accepted. Your onboard account will receive a credit of 110% of the difference in price. Please see the breakdown below. This will be in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit that can be used against all stateroom charges. You will be able to see the credit in your Stateroom Account once you are onboard.

Thank you for submitting a Shore Excursions Best Price Guarantee request. We are pleased to inform you that your request was accepted. Your onboard account will receive a credit of 110% of the difference in price. Please see the breakdown below. This will be in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit that can be used against all stateroom charges. You will be able to see the credit in your Stateroom Account once you are onboard.

Congratulations!! We didn't think they would roll over that easily. Good for you.

Nice. Our price for the January 2018 cruise is $109.95, not $119 so deciding whether to do this for what would amount to about $15. But glad it worked out for you.

Nice. Our price for the January 2018 cruise is $109.95, not $119 so deciding whether to do this for what would amount to about $15. But glad it worked out for you.

It wasn't much effort to do it. I would do it for $15

• 5 months later...

Big difference. The non Princess picks you up and drops you off only at Waikiki hotels. Your ship is in Honolulu and they will not pick you up or drop you off at the ship.

Princess has a contract with

Germaine's Luau that they will not pick up at the ship and therefore not the same. Don't you think Princess know the price and know that you cannot get the identical for a cheaper price.