Staying in Gavelston night before, how to get to the ship?

Kova15

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express on Seawall the night before our cruise. Are there lots of Taxi's available to get us to the ship the morning of our cruise? Does anyone have any recommendations for me?

thanks!

There are taxis of course but getting one can be a problem on cruise days. It is not at all uncommon to see groups standing outside the port entrance trying to flag down a cab only to see one pass them by.

What day does your cruise ship leave and how many are in your group?

Call the hotels and they may have a shuttle service. When we last went out of galveston we took a shuttle and while we got to the pier with out issue, we had other stops along the way. When we got back, took a taxi ship to door. worth the time and money. Just try going early so no worries about getting a taxi :p

2 of us are cruising on the Magic May 10 and will need transportation from the Baymont Inn...

Howdy Love Cruizn!!! emo22.gif

Perhaps someone on your Roll Call thread is staying there too and you can share transportation.

Please read the Sticky titled What is a ROLL CALL and how do I find mine? at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=44773. The post will tell you important information about our famous Roll Calls. Your specific Roll Call thread for your cruise is the place for you to get to know the other Cruise Critic members sailing with you before your cruise.

Your fellow Roll Call thread members may have important information posted in the specific Roll Call thread for your line, ship and sail date. As mentioned in the Sticky, the specific Roll Call thread for your cruise is the ONLY place on Cruise Critic where you and your fellow Roll Call members may post personal ads about sharing tours, excursions, transportation, etc. with each other. There is a "captive audience" since you are all sailing together! emo34.gif

Our Roll Call threads are not just a classified ad area for tour shares. First and foremost, Roll Call threads are the place to get to know other Cruise Critic members sailing with you on your cruise. The best way to do this is to "share" some information about yourself. As time goes on you'll find yourself sharing lots of things -- about the cruise, about your friends and family, about your real life off the Roll Call. Kinda like... real life. The more you get to know one another, the more you share -- and the more you enjoy each others company.

After you read the Sticky for the Roll Call information, click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2051461 for your specific Roll Call thread titled Carnival Magic - May 10th, 2015 in the Carnival Magic Roll Calls forum. Read through the whole Roll Call thread to get to know the other Cruise Critic members sailing with you.

Post an introductory message about yourself on the Roll Call thread using the Post Reply button at the top or bottom of the thread page and we feel sure your fellow Roll Call members will post welcoming replies to you on the thread. You will be forming your on-line relationship with the Cruise Critic members sailing with you with further posts and replies.

Once you have gotten to know your fellow Roll Call members, you can then post any share requests. You will receive a much better response to your share request if you take some time to read the entire Roll Call thread; get to know the other members and allow them to get to know YOU first. That's the spirit of our Roll Calls! emo34.gif

To post a reply or question to a specific post in any existing thread, click the Quote button appearing on the post you want to address. The Reply to Thread screen will open with the coded quote already in the text box with the gray frame. You type your message under the coded quote, then click the Submit Reply button. Your post will appear in the thread with the quoted text as well as your message. That way anyone reading the thread will know which particular post your message concerns.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Kat emo32.gif

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express on Seawall the night before our cruise. Are there lots of Taxi's available to get us to the ship the morning of our cruise? Does anyone have any recommendations for me?

thanks!

What we have done is the evening before we ask the hotel to call a taxi for the next morning and schedule the time we'd like them to be there to pick us up.

• 2 years later...

Hi!

I'm looking at this hotel for my September cruise, can you let me know how it was? I'm deciding between this hotel and Holiday Inn Beach Resort.

Thanks!

thanks!