Just back from Fantasy 6/10 any questions?

For dinner at Remy and Palo men are required to have a button down shirt (no golf shirts) as a member of our party found out when he was sent back to the stateroom to change. He wasn't happy as this was not spelled out in the dress code and he thought he was in compliance.

It's the only time I saw dress code enforced anywhere on the ship.

Golf shirt for Palo brunch is OK.

They are less strict at brunch than at dinner. The bottom line is that compliance is totally up to the manager. I've seen outfits that clearly violated the dress code by my reading, but the individual was seated. Other times, I've seen "nearly compliant" individuals asked to return to their room and change. If you follow the code as written, there will be no problem at all. Variations....again, up to the manager and there seems to be little consistency from one cruise to the next.

Unfortunately I already removed the app. I sent a text to my daughter asking if she still had it on her phone. The only conflict we had on the last sea day was the Royal court tea was at 3:00 (ours anyways) which was the same time as the princess/pirate party. My grandson went to that and his Mom said it only lasted 30 minuets and was not that big of a deal.

I believe that once your cruise is over and you're off the ship, you wouldn't have been able to access that info anyway.

For dinner at Remy and Palo men are required to have a button down shirt (no golf shirts) as a member of our party found out when he was sent back to the stateroom to change. He wasn't happy as this was not spelled out in the dress code and he thought he was in compliance.

It's the only time I saw dress code enforced anywhere on the ship.

I've never had a problem with a polo shirt due Palo dinner and that's as recently as earlier this month. Remy is stricter and they do require a jacket. The rules for both are clearly specified on the website.

I've never had a problem with a polo shirt due Palo dinner and that's as recently as earlier this month. Remy is stricter and they do require a jacket. The rules for both are clearly specified on the website.

You are absolutely correct. The men's requirement for Palo is a "collared" shirt. No where does it say a "button down" shirt as a previous poster said. A polo type shirt or a "golf" shirt is fine provided that the shirt has a collar. The full dress code is quoted in a post above and is available on DCL's web site.

Do you know what time you started disembarkment? I'm trying to debate if booking a flight from Orlando at 11:30am would be to early?

The problem with this question is that you have to assume a normal Customs clearance....and no late arrival due to engine issues, etc.

Normal disembarkation is available about 7:00 for guests doing self disembarkation and 7:30 for those who put luggage out the night before. DCL recommends no flights before 12, but THEY book people on 11:30 flights. I agree that it makes no sense. Bottom line, 11:30 is the earliest that I'm personally comfortable. Put in perspective, we've been at MCO by 9:00 following several cruises. That's with no hurrying.

Our family is looking at the Fantasy cruise on 9 June 2018, but concerned about the Caribbean temperature during June. Was the ship interior and the balcony area comfortable (usable) the day? Any comments/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Our family is looking at the Fantasy cruise on 9 June 2018, but concerned about the Caribbean temperature during June. Was the ship interior and the balcony area comfortable (usable) the day? Any comments/advice will be greatly appreciated.

We did the Caribbean on the Fantasy in June 2 years ago. Inside temperatures were always very comfortable everywhere on the ship. I like it very cool and I was always happy! My wife and daughter brought blankets to the shows to stay warm. The balconies on the sides of the ship will have good breeze, but it will be hot if you have direct sunlight mid day. The room itself has a thermostat and it worked wonderfully.

All of the ports will be very hot, so look for air conditioned tours or expect to sweat a lot.

Just returned from an 11 night Southern Caribbean. Weather was HOT, HOT, HOT. And humid. Typically 90+ degrees with over 90% humidity every day. I always find interior temperatures onboard ships extremely cold. And the constant in and out from hot/humid to cold/dry wreaked havoc on my sinuses. Finally developed a sore throat from the constant drainage. Not fun.

Having a verandah is nice for popping out for a minute or two, but couldn't sit out there for any length of time.

I'm so glad to be back in California and not "wet" all the time.

• 3 weeks later...
We did the Caribbean on the Fantasy in June 2 years ago. Inside temperatures were always very comfortable everywhere on the ship. I like it very cool and I was always happy! My wife and daughter brought blankets to the shows to stay warm. The balconies on the sides of the ship will have good breeze, but it will be hot if you have direct sunlight mid day. The room itself has a thermostat and it worked wonderfully.

All of the ports will be very hot, so look for air conditioned tours or expect to sweat a lot.

Thanks Cruisefamily!!!!! We have committed to the June 2018 trip.

Thanks Cruisefamily!!!!! We have committed to the June 2018 trip.

I know you will have a wonderful time. If you have time, read my trip report I posted 27 July 2015. It has a lot of tips and I even won a award from Cruise Critic. Shmoo here and moki'smommy have a wealth of knowledge are the go to guys for answers! They were pivotal to my family maximizing our cruise experience. Seek their advice, read this board daily and the disneycruiselineblog site (especially review pertinent Navigators). This will ensure you don't miss out on all Disney has to offer.