Best excursions for a honeymoon?

futureCPR

Hello all!

After months of debating, my fiancé and I finally decided to honeymoon aboard the Norwegian Pearl in late April. The 7-day cruise will take us to multiple places in Alaska and I wanted to see what the best excursions were for honeymooners. We're going to Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, Glacier Bay, and Victoria (BC). I was thinking about doing a whale watching excursion, but wanted to see how many people had successful whale watching trips. Also thinking about the dog sledding and glacier walking.

Thank you in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Whale watching is a wonderful choice. We have done this in Juneau and Victoria. Saw humpbacks in Juneau and orcas out of Victoria. Lots of whales in both locations. Haven't done dog sledding yet...sounds like fun. I write a travel blog...http://www.zest4travel.wordpress.com I have posted reviews of Alaska ports, plus the glaciers. I have also included a packing list. Maybe you can get some more ideas there.

Hope you have a wonderful honeymoon and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

You're on your honeymoon and you want to get of the ship?:eek:

The two of you should look at all the options for tours, both ship sponcered and/or private. Decide together what the two of you would like to do. It will be a good lesson in compermise as this it will be done many times in your future.

This is from someone celebrating their 50th anniversary sailing Alaska.

Have a great trip and honeymoon.

Don

Whale watching is a wonderful choice. We have done this in Juneau and Victoria. Saw humpbacks in Juneau and orcas out of Victoria. Lots of whales in both locations. Haven't done dog sledding yet...sounds like fun. I write a travel blog...http://www.zest4travel.wordpress.com I have posted reviews of Alaska ports, plus the glaciers. I have also included a packing list. Maybe you can get some more ideas there.

Hope you have a wonderful honeymoon and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Thank you so much for providing your blog! Especially the packing list... I was planning on wearing leggings and a hoodie the whole time, but I'm glad I can add some variety. Hahaha!

We may do the whale watching in Victoria then, I grew up in the "we all want to free Willy" age, so orca pod viewing sounds incredible.

You're on your honeymoon and you want to get of the ship?:eek:

The two of you should look at all the options for tours, both ship sponcered and/or private. Decide together what the two of you would like to do. It will be a good lesson in compermise as this it will be done many times in your future.

This is from someone celebrating their 50th anniversary sailing Alaska.

Have a great trip and honeymoon.

Don

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] that's what my friends said. "You actually want to do stuff outside of your cabin?!"

Thank you for the advice :) so very few couples make it to their 50th anniversary, so I applaud you and your partner! Congratulations to you and I hope you enjoy!!

There are over 100 past trip reprts posted in STICKYs near the top of the page. Many of them are detailed photojournals with info on the ship, excursions, sights, DIY activities, tours and vendors. Arymay is currently posting abouth their 14day cruise with NCL....lots of photos and helpful info plus some of your same ports.

Look closely at people in the background to sde what they're wearing in variuos weather conditions. Usually its jeans/khakis, sweatshirt and waterproof jacket.

Review your ships excursion list. If you want to replicate with an independent vendor who often have smaller, more personal tours, ask for suggestions.

The towns/ports have web sites to support tourism and local vendors. They slso have a Visitor Guide to download or send for. There's a list of those web sites if you look back a few pgs for a thread called 'Helpful Resources.'

Have fun with your research and planning!

End of April is an "iffy" time for weather. I have gone when there was only one, nonrain day. :)

Also Glacier Dog Sledding is not very likely to be available, usually camps are no set up that early, so verify this early- if of interest.

End of April is an "iffy" time for weather. I have gone when there was only one, nonrain day. :)

Also Glacier Dog Sledding is not very likely to be available, usually camps are no set up that early, so verify this early- if of interest.

There are a lot of late April sailings next year!

In Skagway, we did the dog sledding/helicopter excursion and it was amazing!!! It's a once in a lifetime experience that I totally recommend. You will always remember your special honeymoon excursion.

In Juneau, we did a whale watching/Mendenhall glacier hiking combo tour and we were able to see so many humpback whales!!! It was quite successful, and this was in mid July.

Hello all!

After months of debating, my fiancé and I finally decided to honeymoon aboard the Norwegian Pearl in late April. The 7-day cruise will take us to multiple places in Alaska and I wanted to see what the best excursions were for honeymooners. We're going to Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, Glacier Bay, and Victoria (BC). I was thinking about doing a whale watching excursion, but wanted to see how many people had successful whale watching trips. Also thinking about the dog sledding and glacier walking.

Thank you in advance!

After many whale watching excursions in Juneau, including April, I have never failed to see many whales (Humpbacks and Orcas). The new calves are very active. Excursions promise a $100 refund if whales are not seen. There are a number of whales that stay in Auke Bay (Juneau) year round. Dog sledding in the snow in Skagway is a tremendous experience. My favorite excursion in Ketchikan is Crab Fishing on the Aleutian Ballad ("Deadliest Catch TV series) where they stop to feed bald eagles.

juneau-2009-westerdam-alaska-149-2.jpg

P5120111-1.jpg

P5050038.jpg

After many whale watching excursions in Juneau, including April, I have never failed to see many whales (Humpbacks and Orcas). The new calves are very active. Excursions promise a $100 refund if whales are not seen. There are a number of whales that stay in Auke Bay (Juneau) year round. Dog sledding in the snow in Skagway is a tremendous experience. My favorite excursion in Ketchikan is Crab Fishing on the Aleutian Ballad ("Deadliest Catch TV series) where they stop to feed bald eagles.

juneau-2009-westerdam-alaska-149-2.jpg

P5120111-1.jpg

P5050038.jpg

Your pictures are incredible! I hope we're lucky and get good weather and a lot of activity. Thank you for the suggestions :) my fiancé loves "Deadliest Catch" so I'm sure he'll be excited to do that!