Aquaventure at Atlantis - Quicker to the Waterpark??

Shay Shay

Hey everyone, it's my very first post on CC.

My question is for those who have booked this excursion either through the cruise line or through another vendor.

If I purchase the tickets privately and took a taxi to the water park, would I get there much quicker than the transportation through the cruise excursion? I know the park opens at 9:00 AM and I just need to know if the cruise transportation will get there by 9 or later (we dock at 8am)

I would like to beat the crowds and get there as soon as the ship docks. I'm thinking that there would be a lot of waiting around for the cruise transportation, wasting valuable time. Am I correct in this? Thanks in advance.

I've done it both ways, it was a little quicker on our own (20 minutes?). I'd decide based on cost. The larger slides don't open until 20, but you can secure a lounge and use the pools at 9.

Thanks for the info. I think we'll go on our own. There's only 2 ships in port that day so hopefully it won't be so crowded.

I think crowds have more to do with the time of year than with how many ships are on port. The last time we were there, all of the berths were full in Nassau, but the crowds at Atlantis weren't to too bad (early November).

I think crowds have more to do with the time of year than with how many ships are on port. The last time we were there, all of the berths were full in Nassau, but the crowds at Atlantis weren't to too bad (early November).

Ah...gotcha! Thank you.

How do you secure your own tickets?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can purchase them online through Atlantis, and there are other companies that sell them online as well. I just googled it and couple popped up.

Start booking the tour online with your cruise line. Excursion times will pop up. Typically they load you on a bus, take you over and then walk you through the park showing you where things are (like the Dolphin area). Certainly faster on your own and you might be able to stay longer.

• 1 month later...