Swimming Allowed at Tom Moore Jungle?

bermuda-bound

I want to explore Tom Moore Jungle on my own with family. Have 17 year old kids that want to cliff jump and swim in the caves but I read this is no longer allowed. The Hidden Gems tour still advertises doing this. Can anyone tell me if it is still allowed? Thanks.

I want to explore Tom Moore Jungle on my own with family. Have 17 year old kids that want to cliff jump and swim in the caves but I read this is no longer allowed. The Hidden Gems tour still advertises doing this. Can anyone tell me if it is still allowed? Thanks.

I was swimming there a week ago @ the cliff jump. :cool:

from the Bernews article 2/6/17:

“In addition the Trustees would like to note there has been increased use of the reserve in recent years and ask all visitors to respect the reserve regulations, which are now posted on signs at the entrances.

This includes a ban on swimming in the ponds and cave pool, to protect the fragile flora and fauna that live in the water, which could be killed by the toxins in sun creams.

Just because others are ignoring this does not make it right, JMO.

SBtS

from the Bernews article 2/6/17:

“In addition the Trustees would like to note there has been increased use of the reserve in recent years and ask all visitors to respect the reserve regulations, which are now posted on signs at the entrances.

This includes a ban on swimming in the ponds and cave pool, to protect the fragile flora and fauna that live in the water, which could be killed by the toxins in sun creams.

Just because others are ignoring this does not make it right, JMO.

SBtS

I did not see any sign's at all and did Not Use sun screen.

Edited by biker@sea

If your boys want to do cliff jumping, have them go to Admiralty House Park which is not too far from Hamilton. Check out this YouTube

SBtS

I know that there are special sunscreens sold that are safe for marine life. I am going to check into them before we go next month.

They sell some at Whole Foods. Also available from Amazon. The one I have is pretty crappy because it leaves a residue and is sticky but I have it since I used to do a lot of snorkeling and in Mexico they do post signs about using the special sunscreen.

Since the article says no swimming and gives a good reason for it I personally would not swim there. But if there are no signs posted ( two people now have reported no signs are up) it can't be expected that most people would be aware of one article in Bernews. Probably most who are swimming there are ignorant that swimming is not permitted.