extra onboard spend for military?

bpb53

Many months ago my brother read somewhere that military/retired military personnel might be eligible for an enhanced onboard spend and indeed when I contacted our travel agent to inquire our onboard spend was verbally increased. We have now received our travel documents but they show only our original onboard spend amount. I can't find any information about this any where and wondered if anyone had any information or knew the procedure to claim this offer?

Princess gives active and inactive military OBC for every cruise. I believe it is $50 for cruises of6 days or less, $100 for 7 to 13 day cruises and $250 for longer cruises. They mark your record so you only have to request it once. It can be combined with other OBC.

Yes, contact your TA and ask them to confirm the OBC. You'll be required to send proof of service (discharge papers, DD214 form, etc.) directly to the cruise line. If you haven't yet done this, then the credit won't show up until you do. Once the cruise line gets the paperwork the credit will show up on your online booking record.

The only Carnival Corp cruise lines that give you a Military OBC on every cruise are Princess and Cunard . It stays on your record so you don't have to re apply every time .

You can apply for it directly without going thru your TA .

Since OP did not state which cruise line , I know of no other cruise line that does this ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The only Carnival Corp cruise lines that give you a Military OBC on every cruise are Princess and Cunard . It stays on your record so you don't have to re apply every time .

You can apply for it directly without going thru your TA .

Since OP did not state which cruise line , I know of no other cruise line that does this ?

Holland America , Carnival as well give you military OBC. Sometimes they give EMTs , fireman and policeman the same credit.

Holland America , Carnival as well give you military OBC. Sometimes they give EMTs , fireman and policeman the same credit.

HAL military rate or OBC is only for active duty. Carnival does not give OBC but sometimes has military rates. I have had great military rates from Celebrity, too. MSC also has military discounts. EM

Thank you so much everyone for your helpful and informative responses, the TA wasn't terribly helpful and I was too embarrassed to ask a second time. Armed with the information you have provided I will send in his military details and see where that takes us.

OP is from UK so the rules and availability are different for UK vets. Princess and P&O UK give OBC for UK vets (possibly Cunard as well??). For Princess you need to apply each time (there is an on-line form to fill out and submit copy of proof of service). P&O require that you bring proof of service with you to the ship (though I have not been asked for it yet).

"Princess is pleased to offer a special military personnel onboard credit program. This program is available to active military, retired military and disabled military veterans with proper identification in the following service divisions: United States Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, National Guard or Reserves, Canadian National Defense and the British Army, Royal Marines, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force or Reserves." (https://www.princess.com/downloads/p...Benefit_US.pdf)

Thank you so much everyone for your helpful and informative responses, the TA wasn't terribly helpful and I was too embarrassed to ask a second time. Armed with the information you have provided I will send in his military details and see where that takes us.

You still have not said which c ruise line which makes it very hard to answer you. Each c ruise line does things their own way even though a part ofgthe CCC family. For all we know, y ou may be asking about Celebrity, RCCI, Disney or whattever other cruise line. We cannot help you if you do not help us.

Carnival offers OBC randomly. Its $50.00 when offered. Our next cruise is booked under military rate. About a month or two ago Carnival offered the military rate at a higher price than we booked and offered the $50.00 OBC.

HAL military rate or OBC is only for active duty. Carnival does not give OBC but sometimes has military rates. I have had great military rates from Celebrity, too. MSC also has military discounts. EM

Yep, I think this about sums it up correctly if you are a U.S. active duty military or veteran. As a veteran I have received military rate with Celebrity and automatic $100 OBC with Princess.

If you're with P&O, Cunard or Princess, you could try email/phone to Carnival House in Southampton- that's how my friends managed their first military OBC.

There's also OBC for those in the medical profession on P&O.

hi there everyone I have been away and out of email contact so sorry for not responding sooner but many many thanks for the informative and helpful responses, we are Brits and are sailing with P&O (first cruise) this August. My husband (and actually I too) is retired RAF.

hi there everyone I have been away and out of email contact so sorry for not responding sooner but many many thanks for the informative and helpful responses, we are Brits and are sailing with P&O (first cruise) this August. My husband (and actually I too) is retired RAF.

That's like the friends I mentioned- both ex RAF. I know that their service number was required ( they say it's etched in their brain!). They either rang, or emailed P&O at Carnival House, and were told what to do.

too true Jocap (ref our service numbers)!! Empowered by everyones responses I have been in touch with P&O and received email confirmation that our enhanced OBC has been confirmed. 7 weeks to go to our 1st cruise so getting rather excited.

too true Jocap (ref our service numbers)!! Empowered by everyones responses I have been in touch with P&O and received email confirmation that our enhanced OBC has been confirmed. 7 weeks to go to our 1st cruise so getting rather excited.

Excellent news!

Have a wonderful time. :cool: