Woodwind tours

mcordry

Does anyone know of another reputable snorkeling tour company besides Woodwind? They are booked for our Navigator cruise next April. Appreciate the information .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We went with the Sea Cow last year when Woodwind was booked. They are docked right at the port and you snorkel on Klein Bonaire. Great crew and we had a wonderful day.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

For anyone who couldn't get booked, they put us on a wait list. 4 days before our cruise left we got a spot! Best snorkel excursion ever. They were so helpful & had so many guides. Equipment for everyone in the family including wet suits for my young daughters age 6, 9 & 11. Can't say enough about it, what an awesome day of snorkeling!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just noticed that this old thread was resurrected and thought we would add a recommendation for Woodwind. Just this morning we booked our 4th Woodwind Snorkel tour (for next Dec). Dee and Ulf run a great operation and its a wonderful tour for those that are truly interested in snorkeling. They have been doing this for many years and have it down to an art. Dee will take the time to help novices or pros. Their tour is all about getting you from their dock to a couple of snorkeling spots. They will vary their snorkel spots based on the sea conditions...but usually include a drift snorkel in the slot between Bonaire and Klein Bonaire.

Hank

• 2 weeks later...
Are you doing the three-hour or the four-hour snorkel & sail? We did the four-hour, which visited two spots on Klein Bonaire and included a hot lunch. Best darn snorkeling excursion we have every been on!

If you have specific questions, let me know.

Can you tell me if the price also included alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks? Also, do you remember what they served for lunch? Finally, were their any teenagers on your Woodwind tour?

Thanks!

We just went on the 3 hour morning excursion today and the reviews were 100% accurate. This was an amazing snorkeling trip!!! Dee and the entire crew spent a great deal of time preparing for our snorkel, making sure each person's mask, snorkel and fins all fit just right. They offered long sleeved water shirts to prevent burning, which we initially declined. One of the crew members explained the water gets colder the longer you are in so the shirt also provided warmth. We snorkeled for a solid 45 minutes, and I had goosebumps the entire time so I was thankful I had the shirt on! This was the best snorkeling I've had in 15 or so years. We saw an octopus, two sea turtles who swam with us for a bit and hundreds of some of the most colorful fish you'll ever see. The coral was huge. We stopped at a couple of different places for one of the crew to check out the sea life before they chose our spot. You are in three different groups, so your snorkeling experience is personalized. My husband has a mustache and beard and was really drinking some salt water initially, so they immediately switched his mask out so he could snorkel with no problems. Once back on the catamaran, you get beverages (French beer and rum punch were both refreshing!) and a hot meal of a wonderful noodle dish with chicken and a Bonaire spring roll (think stir fry). Everything was included in the price! Have fun.... this is a memory we'll cherish forever!!

Are these masks that are being discussed included in the tour or do you have to bring your own?

they are all included... ( different masks/snorkles and sizes ) as well as buoys etc.

Edited by pabi
removing words