RCL Balcony at ocean View guarantee

juda

I have booked on this special and haven't done it this way before (have always chosen my cabin).

I am just wondering when I would find out the ship level and cabin number ?? (travelling March 2018)

TIA :)

I have booked on this special and haven't done it this way before (have always chosen my cabin).

I am just wondering when I would find out the ship level and cabin number ?? (travelling March 2018)

TIA :)

There's no "typical" or "usual" time. Could be anytime between now and the day you board the ship.

Thank you - interestingly my friend booked the same cruise at a TA and was allocated a cabin, should I call RCL?

I don't see why, they will assign yiour stateroom when they get around to it.

I don't see why, they will assign your stateroom when they get around to it.

Thanks, hubby was hassling me and especially cos our friend got hers as she booked, will just be patient then :)

Thanks, hubby was hassling me and especially cos our friend got hers as she booked, will just be patient then :)

Juda, I'm more of a personality like your husband. I would call and get that information locked in. IF they are locking in that information for other guests, why not you?

There is no definite timeline as to when they will be assigned and just because they assigned some now does not mean they have assigned all. Unless both bookings were made under the same reservation number they will not necessarily be assigned at the same time. They would be separate bookings as far as the cruise line is concerned.

In our experience the assignments have come about two weeks prior to sailing but they can be made as late as day of sailing. Do not worry, your stateroom will be assigned and calling likely will not make a difference in when.

Never got an upgrade on an early cabin assignment. Later has been better for us. And upgrades have been very rare.

But if you think you might want to ask them to move the cabin to another in the same category. Early might be better.

Just the normal guarantee dilemma.

Juda, I'm more of a personality like your husband. I would call and get that information locked in. IF they are locking in that information for other guests, why not you?

Because the OP booked a guarantee which gives the cruise line freedom to book them nearly anywhere at any time. Not a great choice for over planners who need to be locked in (hence why I don't book guarantees). I've heard of people not getting an assignment until they get to the pier.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums