Radiance of the Seas vs Carnival Legend for Hawaii

klangel

Thinking about sailing to Hawaii this coming September. Been reading reviews on Carnival Legend and Radiance of the Seas. Both ships doesn't have great review. Read that Radiance of the Seas has lots of wear and tear. If you've been on either one or boths ships, please give me your opinion on the ship. Such as the wear and tear, service, food and whatever you would like to share with me. I'm leaning toward Radiance. Has the Radiance been through refurbished? DH and I really want to see Hawaii and its sad to say this will be our last cruise for a long time to come. By the end of this year i will no longer be employed. So we really want to go to Hawaii but i am concern about the condition the Radiance is in. Excursions are usually a bit pricy if anyone been to Lahaina Maui, Hilo, Kailua Kona, Nawiliwili Kauai what did you do while in these ports? If you booked privatly to see sights, who did you book with.

Been on the Legend twice and love her (both before and after her 2014 dry dock). Her passenger/space ratio is great and she has wonderful secret cabins.

I love Royal too although the radiance is slightly older but slightly bigger.

Both will be lovely but if one is more expensive I would go with the cheaper one.

Just on looks alone, I would pick Radiance. She is a much more beautiful ship...inside and out...than Legend.

Plus, Radiance has a glass-enclosed adults only solarium pool. I don't know if Legend had one but from what I've read, Carnival no longer has adults only pools.

Activities will be about the same.

I would pick the Radiance over any ship we've ever been on - we've spent a total of 43 nights on her, plus another 6 on the Jewel, her sister ship. Love the size, the classic cruise ship look, the spacious light-filled public areas, Schooners Bar, the Solarium. As already mentioned, check the Hawaii forum for lots of touring ideas, but in general, you can rent a car in any of the ports and do your own thing.