Eurodam to Alaska : We came , we saw , we photographed .

You hit the nail on the head Mic . Because many airlines charge for checked bags people try to save money , and they don't have to wait for their luggage later if they carry all their luggage on board . I've also a number of people filling forward luggage compartments if they aren't full while sitting in an aft seat .

We have several airlines here that enforce the carry on sizes but I wish they all would.

Really enjoyed your cruise review and the photos are stunning, helped decide on the Eurodam for my cruise,thank you,Kathy

Thank you Kathy . We enjoyed the Eurodam and this cruise and we hope that you have a great cruise also on the E dam .

And now that we have finished this review we can start planning our next one : The Harmony of the Seas , 5 weeks from tomorrow .

Thank you Kathy . We enjoyed the Eurodam and this cruise and we hope that you have a great cruise also on the E dam .

And now that we have finished this review we can start planning our next one : The Harmony of the Seas , 5 weeks from tomorrow .

Are you crazy??! How many cruises are you planning this year? I had one in January and have to wait until October for the next!

Harmony? Scubacruiser review? Bring it on!

PS I am snapping up a Canon 6D mark II as soon as it's released. Worth the wait.

cheers!

Norris

Are you crazy??! How many cruises are you planning this year? I had one in January and have to wait until October for the next!

I don't know , I'll ask my shrink on Thursday .

The Koningsdam in October and the Zaandam in December - if we can afford it .

Harmony? Scubacruiser review? Bring it on!

One for the grandson and some friends are renewing their vows also . I wonder if I can take photos for them ?

PS I am snapping up a Canon 6D mark II as soon as it's released. Worth the wait.

Congratulations , I didn't even know that they had a new model ! ;)

cheers!

Norris

Cheers Norris ! :) :D

LOL, Some of us manage to supplement our cruise addictions by following Joes reviews.

We hope to cruise with you and Rosie and take some photos in the future .

We heard from Abbydancer on the Celebrity thread today , who was also on the CB TA cruise with you in 2015 . She's going to be doing some Celebrity cruising soon after being exclusive to Princess .

We hope to cruise with you and Rosie and take some photos in the future .

We heard from Abbydancer on the Celebrity thread today , who was also on the CB TA cruise with you in 2015 . She's going to be doing some Celebrity cruising soon after being exclusive to Princess .

Wow, perhaps some of our words sunk in, we did say that they are more similar than different.

It is always sad to see a great review like this one coming to an end. Good thing you have your Harmony cruise soon. I can't wait to read that review. Hope you have been booking your dinners and shows because the more popular shows and dining times do book up fast. We did find it easier to make changes to bookings we already had once we were on board than get a totally new reservation. Besides, there is so much to do that you won't want to spend any time fussing with reservations.

We may have to give our grandson the camera for that one ! :) :D

But the Dragon's Breath zip line is something that we might do . :cool:

Dragon's breath zipline was awesome! I can't wait to see your pictures! I don't have many from that day because it was raining so hard, and Barry wasn't with me because of his broken collarbone. I hope to get back to Labadee soon so we can both get to ride. :D Be sure you do the zipline on the ship, too. On Oasis, it was a short but fun ride!

We guess they did !

She also mentioned something about a tour of the ship and a good price , so it sounds like a plan to us . :) :D

The ship tours can be pricey so if they are discounted do it, they are very interesting.

One thing I wish they could / would do is take you into a selection of Cabins as well, especially the penthouse suite and better and perhaps the captain's /crew cabin. With them being occupied, I understand why they are not though.

The ship tours can be pricey so if they are discounted do it, they are very interesting.

One thing I wish they could / would do is take you into a selection of Cabins as well, especially the penthouse suite and better and perhaps the captain's /crew cabin. With them being occupied, I understand why they are not though.

On one of our cruises the roll call starter organized a cabin crawl, anybody that was willing would offer their cabin to view & we got everything from an inside to a Penthouse where the crawl ended. We all brought a bottle of wine & then had a wine tasting to finish off the day. Great fun, great way to meet your roll call members. Nice way to see how the other half live. It was done on a sea day.

Allan

On one of our cruises the roll call starter organized a cabin crawl, anybody that was willing would offer their cabin to view & we got everything from an inside to a Penthouse where the crawl ended. We all brought a bottle of wine & then had a wine tasting to finish off the day. Great fun, great way to meet your roll call members. Nice way to see how the other half live. It was done on a sea day.

Allan

Yes, we have often done this and it is a great way to meet people from the roll call as well as seeing a lot of differing cabins.

I would like to see the crew areas as well though, see how the people that make our cruises great are accommodated.

Your review, as always, has been wonderful!!!

We returned last week from Alaska! :D We spent 3 days in Denali first and then the cruise from Seward to Vancouver. What a wonderful trip. Denali was amazing and we had the most wonderful weather. The first 2 days it was over 80 degrees. We encountered very little rain the entire trip, and none ever interfered with excursions we had planned.

The helicopter to the Mendenhall Glacier was wonderful.:D

It was our 1st HAL cruise and it was fine for an older ship, I thought it similar to the "M" class ships on Celebrity.

I am so glad we went, Alaska is just so beautiful and no matter how great the pictures are it is just so difficult to capture the pristine beauty that is that part of the world. I don't know if we'll ever go back (it sure is a pain to get there...) but would not have missed it for the world.

Looking forward to your Harmony review.....we sailed on Oasis back in 2012.....it is FAR different than any other ship we've been on.......hope you have a great cruise!!!

Joe, regarding the Canon 6D MkII I mentioned- it was just announced today June 29 after months of speculation and is a considerable upgrade. There are already several photographers testing it out on Youtube. It will be available in shops and on Amazon in August, date unknown. I won't be going into a shop if you get my drift.

I'l have photos from it in my Regal Princess review starting October 22 on the Princess Board after I get home from our 7 day Canada/New England sailing on the 14th.

Norris

Your review, as always, has been wonderful!!!

We returned last week from Alaska! :D We spent 3 days in Denali first and then the cruise from Seward to Vancouver. What a wonderful trip. Denali was amazing and we had the most wonderful weather. The first 2 days it was over 80 degrees. We encountered very little rain the entire trip, and none ever interfered with excursions we had planned.

The helicopter to the Mendenhall Glacier was wonderful.:D

It was our 1st HAL cruise and it was fine for an older ship, I thought it similar to the "M" class ships on Celebrity.

I am so glad we went, Alaska is just so beautiful and no matter how great the pictures are it is just so difficult to capture the pristine beauty that is that part of the world. I don't know if we'll ever go back (it sure is a pain to get there...) but would not have missed it for the world.

Looking forward to your Harmony review.....we sailed on Oasis back in 2012.....it is FAR different than any other ship we've been on.......hope you have a great cruise!!!

Thank you and welcome back . It sounds like you had a good time and we couldn't agree with your assessment more . And while did enjoy our cruise , Alaska and and the pre/post cruise stay , we know what you mean about the long trip . With the same travel time we could be in Europe or South America hoping on a Baltic cruise or a cruise to Antarctica . We do love those places ! :) :D

Thank you and welcome back . It sounds like you had a good time and we couldn't agree with your assessment more . And while did enjoy our cruise , Alaska and and the pre/post cruise stay , we know what you mean about the long trip . With the same travel time we could be in Europe or South America hoping on a Baltic cruise or a cruise to Antarctica . We do love those places ! :) :D

And so do we.......we just changed our plans for next year....we will take the TA to Dublin but the not the B2B that follows...opting to spend more time in Ireland....and then....well we think a river cruise from Amsterdam to Basel followed by a TA from Rome on the Koningsdam is a great possibility for us..... but first, first we go to Machu Picchu on a "non-cruise" adventure this November....

Looking forward to your Harmony review and your take on the "mega" ships!!!:)