Alaska Port Times

Cruisingal22

We're in the beginning stages of planning a cruise/tour and looking at the itineraries online, I don't see times associated with any of the ports or land portion of the journey. I've not sailed with HAL yet so I may not be looking in the proper spot? Time in port is a bit of a decision maker so I could use some help. If anyone's familiar, we're looking at the R5L Seattle Yukon & Denali Land & Sea Journey.

I hate top say it, but you should call HAL - that looks like a glitch in their website. (My itinerary shows times...)
Is yours a Cruise-Tour or just a straight cruise? I looked at several C-T and could not find one that showed port times for the cruise portion, whether the land or cruise part came first.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-search?ships=NA&months=7_2017&skip=0

In general, port times are better for Vancouver-based cruises than for Seattle based cruises. The routing is better too, as the Vancouver-based cruises go inside Vancouver Island (more scenic and more calm), compared to the Seattle based-cruises, which go outside Vancouver Island (less scenic and better chance of rough waters). If this isn't clear, look carefully at the route map for any Vancouver vs. Seattle based Alaska cruise.

Is yours a Cruise-Tour or just a straight cruise? I looked at several C-T and could not find one that showed port times for the cruise portion, whether the land or cruise part came first.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-search?ships=NA&months=7_2017&skip=0

OP, as mentioned in this post, if you look at the itinerary for the cruise portion of your trip (I can't find where you mentioned a date for your land portion) you should be able to find the port times.

We're in the beginning stages of planning a cruise/tour and looking at the itineraries online, I don't see times associated with any of the ports or land portion of the journey. I've not sailed with HAL yet so I may not be looking in the proper spot? Time in port is a bit of a decision maker so I could use some help. If anyone's familiar, we're looking at the R5L Seattle Yukon & Denali Land & Sea Journey.

In order to see the itinerary with times at port, go and look at the cruise only itinerary for the same date that the cruise portion of your cruise begins. Unfortunately, HAL doesn't post a detailed time itinerary on their cruisetours. I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums