Five things I can't cruise without

1. Gloria-the love of my life

2. Patience

3. Understanding

4.Sense of humor/adventure

5.Manners/Consideration for others

Works like a charm for 19 Cruises

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Actually, we need to wrinkle them up a bit, they tend to stick together. BTW, those are for Laura's 7 day Rhapsody on Saturday. I'll need to get some more for our two week crossing at the end of the month

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Finally, something hand sanitizer is good for!! My co-worker (who used to be a bank teller) gave me this hint: do a little pump of sanitizer on your "counting fingers" and rub in just a little - you want the fingers to be moist. It makes the bills not stick when you count them. My bank at work is always new bills and pain to count (want to count $200 in ones twice a day, in addition $400 in other bills), but since I learned this trick, it goes better.

I have one item that always goes with me on any trip, regardless of length of the trip, destinations, mode of travel: a bandana. It can be McGyver'd into so many things!

For those doing the sunny weather cruises: look in to a small tin of Bag Balm. Works great on sunburn. Smells awful but I'll take the smell as long is soothes the pain. It has a lot of uses, too - almost as many as Windex ;-)

Edited by slidergirl

So many good pointers here. I always love reading what others bring and have added many of these items over the years to my own "must take" list. I would agree with JamesEM that Duck (or Duct) tape is a definite must-have. [...] I'd like to hear how JamesEM and others have used that magic tape... :)

About 5 or 6 years ago, when smoking was still allowed in cabins on Costa, we had a connecting cabin, with neighbours who smoked, and lots of smoke seeped through the gaps around the door. :( I taped over all the gaps around the door, and it did a great job keeping the smoke out. I could see little traces of adhesive left behind from previous occupants, so I knew we weren't the first to try this!

Five things I can't cruise without

1. Gloria-the love of my life

2. Patience

3. Understanding

4.Sense of humor/adventure

5.Manners/Consideration for others

Works like a charm for 19 Cruises

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Great advice!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi,

Of course it is a matter of personal preference but on a recent three week cruise my two most helpful items were a pop-up hamper and a 10 slot sweater/shoe hanging holder for over the closet rod. The hamper allowed damp things to dry and not smell until I made a trip to the ship's laundromat, and the closet hanger kept shoes off the floor (important I think in a small cabin) and kept daily-used items like hats, sunscreen, evening bag, etc., easy to grab and out of the way.

Happy cruising to all!

Kay

• 2 weeks later...

Sticky notes, tiny bottle of super glue with the brush, sealed bottle of NyQuil & cough syrup, Z pack, tide pods, magnetic chip clips to hang up things in room. Extra pair of reading glasses to keep by bed. Tiny flashlight to keep by bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We used to pack a 25/6 inch roller each. After retirement five years ago we went down to a 20 inch roller each-a carry on.

What did we discover? We discovered that we really did not need or even want many of of the so called must haves that we previously packed. We actually have more extra room in our bags now than we did when we traveled with more. We did this out of necessity based on how and where we wanted to travel. Should have done it years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I did not see mentioned to bring: Old clean underwear.

Why? This way you can wear them on the cruise and then just throw them away when done. This leaves more room in your suitcase and gets rid of your old underwear at the same time.

One thing I did not see mentioned to bring: Old clean underwear.

Why? This way you can wear them on the cruise and then just throw them away when done. This leaves more room in your suitcase and gets rid of your old underwear at the same time.

Terrible visual :o Your poor cabin steward.

Over the counter medications such as Tylenol, antacids, antibiotic cream, bandaids etc. The ship has very limited items and if you are lucky enough to find them at the ports they are outrageously expensive. I fix a little plastic box with all these items.

Over the counter medications such as Tylenol, antacids, antibiotic cream, bandaids etc. The ship has very limited items and if you are lucky enough to find them at the ports they are outrageously expensive. I fix a little plastic box with all these items.

I call that a patch kit. I carry a modified version in my purse all the time.

My Kindle. I can bring as many books as I like without my luggage weighing a ton.

Anti-static spray. You spray this on your clothes to stop that static cling that I hate. Works very well on things like travel knit that tend to want to cling up.

Supply of Starbucks Via packets. I don't have to go all the way to the buffet for free, crap coffee, and I don't get gouged for the gourmet stuff.

We get a cabin close to the Int'l Cafe (or whatever the cruise line calls theirs) so hot water is just a few steps away.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Supply of Starbucks Via packets. I don't have to go all the way to the buffet for free, crap coffee, and I don't get gouged for the gourmet stuff.

We get a cabin close to the Int'l Cafe (or whatever the cruise line calls theirs) so hot water is just a few steps away.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Ooh, great idea! I'm not a coffee drinker, but my husband is. This sounds perfect for him!

Ooh, great idea! I'm not a coffee drinker, but my husband is. This sounds perfect for him!

Why not save all that trouble and have room service deliver a carafe of coffee. We order a large one along with Rolls, fruit & juice delivered at 6am each morning. We are very early risers ;)