Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer Catamaran Excursion Right off the Ship?

KristyMisty14

Where did they drop you off at after the excursion? How was the embarkation and debarkation on the catamaran?

We met in the dining room and we down to level 2 where the catamaran pulled up next to the ship and we got on. After the tour we were taken back to the ship and we boarded the same way, before it was time to get off the ship in Juneau.

We met in the dining room and we down to level 2 where the catamaran pulled up next to the ship and we got on. After the tour we were taken back to the ship and we boarded the same way, before it was time to get off the ship in Juneau.

Thank you for the information.

The cruise ships slows down just outside of Tracy Arm.... you are asked to get off the cruise ship in open water...... the cruise ship then leaves without you for Juneau 50 miles away.

Depends on the cruise line. Some lines only service TAF as a "service stop" for this excursion. Others go in as far as the ice will allow a big ship, then you transfer to the small boat for the enhanced tour, with a return to Juneau on the small boat. We've done it twice on Princess and absolutely loved it.

Depends on the cruise line. Some lines only service TAF as a "service stop" for this excursion. Others go in as far as the ice will allow a big ship, then you transfer to the small boat for the enhanced tour, with a return to Juneau on the small boat. We've done it twice on Princess and absolutely loved it.

I'm doing this on Carnival in a few weeks and it actually takes place while the ship is in Tracy Arm. We transfer over and back. The ship is not in Juneau until 2 days later. I'm not sure if any other lines do this.

That was my most favorite excursion ever. (It was sold out on our cruise before we even boarded the ship.)

With that said, we got back in time to take the last "blue bus" to Mendenhall, so we only had a quick stop there as we had to board the last bus back to the ship.

We had a lot of time left in Juneau, just not a lot of things to do with that time...

YMMV

That was my most favorite excursion ever. (It was sold out on our cruise before we even boarded the ship.)

With that said, we got back in time to take the last "blue bus" to Mendenhall, so we only had a quick stop there as we had to board the last bus back to the ship.

We had a lot of time left in Juneau, just not a lot of things to do with that time...

YMMV

That's so awesome! Glad you loved it.

I have been out to the Mendenhall twice, but my spouse hasn't, so I figured if we did this excursion off the ship and got up close and personal with a glacier in the Tracy Arm (or around there) then we could do something else in Juneau.

• 4 weeks later...

How often on the small boat excursion straight from the ship is the boat late getting back into Juneau, I've seen a lot of people post on here that say it says the small boat excursion is 7am to 1:15pm but that the small boat was 30-45 minute late getting back to Juneau. Just wondering if that is a seasonal thing or a regular thing that it's late back?

How often on the small boat excursion straight from the ship is the boat late getting back into Juneau, I've seen a lot of people post on here that say it says the small boat excursion is 7am to 1:15pm but that the small boat was 30-45 minute late getting back to Juneau. Just wondering if that is a seasonal thing or a regular thing that it's late back?

We were on the Solstice in late May and we got back to the ship just as it was docking in Juneau, we had to wait a few minutes before the catamaran could get us unloaded back on the ship.

2 weeks ago on the Emerald we were about 10 minutes late is all, still had plenty of time to make our other excursions. We docked pretty much downtown. I wouldn't get stressed out about being a few minutes late. The captain of the tour boat was watching the clock, he knew most everyone had other excursions they had to make.

We were on the Solstice in late May and we got back to the ship just as it was docking in Juneau, we had to wait a few minutes before the catamaran could get us unloaded back on the ship.

They took you back to the Solstice, right? Just want to make sure that happens with me on July 7 Soltstice vs. being left off at dock and running back to AJ dock to get a 2:15 excursion. Thanks.

2 weeks ago on the Emerald we were about 10 minutes late is all, still had plenty of time to make our other excursions. We docked pretty much downtown. I wouldn't get stressed out about being a few minutes late. The captain of the tour boat was watching the clock, he knew most everyone had other excursions they had to make.

Oh that's awesome!!! Did you love the excursion?

Oh that's awesome!!! Did you love the excursion?

Yes it was awesome, we ended up going up into Endicott Arm, to much ice still up in Tracy Arm. We got within a 1/4 mile of the Dawes glacier. Coming out we went into another small arm and the captain of the boat put the bow of the tour boat into a water fall, to COOL! Further on we stopped to watch 2 large brown bears on the beach. Once we got out near the entrance of Endicott Arm we encountered a whales, we stopped and watched the whales for sometime, it was also awesome. The weather was perfect, 65 degrees, partly cloudy.

What ship are you on?

They took you back to the Solstice, right? Just want to make sure that happens with me on July 7 Soltstice vs. being left off at dock and running back to AJ dock to get a 2:15 excursion. Thanks.

Yes they pick you up right off the ship and drop you off the same way.

Allows you time to go back to your cabin before getting off the ship.

Did you book this excursion through the ship? It sounds wonderful, but I can't seem to find anything on it to book. Thanks

We booked it through Celebrity website, tried to book directly with them and got reply that had to be booked through cruise line. We are Solstice in August. Found it under Juneau excursions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are on Celebrity Solstice, for August 25

If you are on round trip Seattle, it should be there under Tracy Arms or Juneau. You really have to look for it sometimes. If sold out, it should still be listed online but say "have to inquire onboard" or something like that. Look at the Allen Marine website and it will say which ships can do it but you have to book through cruise line. Good luck.

If you are on round trip Seattle, it should be there under Tracy Arms or Juneau. You really have to look for it sometimes. If sold out, it should still be listed online but say "have to inquire onboard" or something like that. Look at the Allen Marine website and it will say which ships can do it but you have to book through cruise line. Good luck.

Thank you! We are on round trip Seattle. I think we are on the same cruise!

Thank you! We are on round trip Seattle. I think we are on the same cruise!

Yes, I am on Celebrity Solstice July 7 sailing. The excursion is "Tracy Arm Fjords & Glacier Explorer-TA01". The Celebrity website is a little messed up. If you can't find to book online, call Celebrity or your TA to book it. It's from 7:15-12:15 on Day 4. It's not full on my cruise, so hopefully you can get it. Good luck!