(Sort of) Live From the Westerdam!

Cindy

Thank you for all the information in this thread. I am seriously considering a cruise to Hawaii next April so the ship information is greatly appreciated.

Oh, you must come join us! We have a quite a group going, mostly from Canada and the UK and I am sure you would enjoy our group.

I am not thrilled about the changes to the Crows Nest on the Westerdam, but will reserve judgement till I've seen it for myself. The W'dam has been my favourite ship up to now.

Oh, you must come join us! We have a quite a group going, mostly from Canada and the UK and I am sure you would enjoy our group.

I am not thrilled about the changes to the Crows Nest on the Westerdam, but will reserve judgement till I've seen it for myself. The W'dam has been my favourite ship up to now.

Thank you. The cruise will give me a chance to visit some friends in Vancouver so it's high on my list.

Wondering how long you walked on the Korcula winery country walk. Sounded great and unusual.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Forums mobile app

I think it was around an hour and a half total...60 minutes to the first winery and then another 30 minutes between the two. The walk was at a pretty leisurely pace.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Great report, I'm struggling with the first day (more like afternoon) in Venice and had that same tour company in my notes..

You great pictures inspired me to follow an iPhone Photography Page on FB hoping to get better pictures without having another camera.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great report, I'm struggling with the first day (more like afternoon) in Venice and had that same tour company in my notes..

You great pictures inspired me to follow an iPhone Photography Page on FB hoping to get better pictures without having another camera.

Thanks, Ellbelle!

Don't completely dismiss Walks Of Italy. Our tours with them in Rome were excellent. Part of the problem on the first day in Venice was it was just too long.

I would highly recommend Livitaly, and a private guide that I used on day two. Her name is Luisella Romeo, and the name of her company is See Venice. I'm working on that post now.

Cindy, our Westerdam cruise in October, will have a similar itinerary. As my photography leaves much to be desired, I wish I could just steal your photos and put them in my own digital photo book. Most of the "art" (I use the term loosely) in our home reflects our travels; but I could take any one of your photos, frame it, and have a masterpiece. You have a true gift!

Cindy, our Westerdam cruise in October, will have a similar itinerary. As my photography leaves much to be desired, I wish I could just steal your photos and put them in my own digital photo book. Most of the "art" (I use the term loosely) in our home reflects our travels; but I could take any one of your photos, frame it, and have a masterpiece. You have a true gift!

Thank you! I really have fun with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cindy,

Your photos are truly magnificent. You have truly inspired us on our trip.

Can I ask - are you applying any sort of post download filter to them? There are some, especially in Venice, where they appear B&W and then have a pop of color.

Colin

Cindy,

Your photos are truly magnificent. You have truly inspired us on our trip.

Can I ask - are you applying any sort of post download filter to them? There are some, especially in Venice, where they appear B&W and then have a pop of color.

Colin

Colin, I mostly just use the photo editing tools that came on my iPad because they're so fast and easy. I also have Photoshop Express and I use it on a few pictures because it has more capabilities. The photos with just a pop or hint of red, the shots I converted to black & white, and anything with a vignette were all done using PS Express. Both the shots that Ellebelle posted below were edited using PS Express.

My favorite from day 2 in Venice:

(Posting pics for the first time, hope they post correctly) These are the OP's pictures

07e87b2e2ba9a6a08b3c669f7107ebad.jpg271382906c1f626769b9c03d64f9e49f.jpg

Thanks![emoji846]

Cindy, I enjoyed all of your blogging here and it allowed me to savior our cruise (the same as yours) for 2 more months. I still can't believe how good our cruise was as we all got to go to some fabulous places with some great weather to boot. Happy travels.

Bruce.