We just Booked our first cruise on Princess and need information on Victoria BC.

heretohavefun2#

We are booked for 2018 and will end up in Vancouver On a Saturday...Can ANYONE tell me what the best way to leave the ship and get over to Victoria for a night Please help us...we are 63 but run Marathons...so being on our feet is no problem...Thank you in advance.

Please help us...we are 63 but run Marathons...so being on our feet is no problem.

My wife and I were pushing 60 when we went to Victoria from Vancouver a couple of years ago - not marathoners but we did it by public transportation. The section entitled TransLink on the site referenced above is what you need if you want to do it that way (TransLink is the name for the Vancouver system only so a bit of a misnomer on the heading). Both the #620 bus getting to the ferry and the #70 bus from the ferry are timed to it. And as a walk-on passenger for the ferry, you don't have to worry about it being full (I suppose it's possible but generally there is plenty of room for walk-ons). Of course, unless you're going to leave some of your luggage in Vancouver, that might be an issue.

The ferry is a very relaxing 90 minutes. The first half is open water, than you're making your way around the islands. Three of the four ferries used on the Tsawassen-Swartz Bay run have a very nice and nicely priced (and when we went, uncrowded despite being the 5pm departure) buffet restaurant. You'll find it on the "Spirit Of xx" ships that depart on the odd hours and one of the two that runs on the even hours.

We are booked for 2018 and will end up in Vancouver On a Saturday...Can ANYONE tell me what the best way to leave the ship and get over to Victoria for a night Please help us...we are 63 but run Marathons...so being on our feet is no problem...Thank you in advance.

Simplest is seaplane via Harbour Air as it's not too far from Canada Place where most ships dock. Check out http://www.harbourair.com

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This past April our cruise was supposed to end in Vancouver May 5 and we wanted to get to Vancouver Island right after the cruise to visit family I have on the Island. The ship was scheduled to leave Victoria at midnight May 4 and arrive in Vancouver the next morning. When booking the cruise I asked if it would be possible to disembark in Victoria and not continue on to Vancouver - the rep completed a Route Deviation request form on her end and in a couple days I received a call back that we were approved to disembark in Victoria. All worked out great and saved the cost of airfare or hassle of getting to ferry - plus got to spend that extra full day with family.