Anthem June 8-17, 2017 - 9 Day Bermuda-Caribbean Photo Review

Question about the Self Carry options -- Do you know the difference between the three time slots? Or specifically how guests are assigned to them, if they are? On previous cruises I only remember one self-carry option, the first passengers off the ship. Thanks!

On past cruises I've only seen one Self Carry Option as well. But on Anthem when you signup for Self Carry you can choose any of the pre-determined times, it was not assigned to us we choose it. I'm not sure if there is a limit to the amount of people that can signup for each time.

Guest maddycat
We are also sailing in August. When you disembarked, did you get your luggage before you went through Homeland or after? DH will be in a mobility scooter & I can't handle both our cases & our carry-ons.

It would be best for you to get a porter to help you. The porter will get your luggage and take you through customs. They bypass the regular lines.

On past cruises I've only seen one Self Carry Option as well. But on Anthem when you signup for Self Carry you can choose any of the pre-determined times, it was not assigned to us we choose it. I'm not sure if there is a limit to the amount of people that can signup for each time.

Thanks! We planned to do self carry even though our flight is not super early. We will still probably choose the earliest just because we are early risers and really enjoyed the short customs line when we were some of the first to disembark last cruise.

I have to say I really appreciate that you not only write a fantastic review, you come back to answer individual nitpicky questions.

You rock, Lou!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for this great review of my favorite ship! We'll be doing this itinerary next May, and in September we're doing the five-night Bermuda and the nine-night Canada/New England as back-to-back. I can't wait!

Beth

Your review is fantastic and I am ready to pull the trigger on a last minute booking on Anthem for my 10 year old and I. Did you notice if there were enough things to do for kids on the ship? That's my main concern, enough to keep her happy that is already included, I don't want to have to spend much extra each day. I was told Anthem is known for 'nickel and diming' everything once you are on board, but I have no idea since this would be my first RC cruise.

Your review is fantastic and I am ready to pull the trigger on a last minute booking on Anthem for my 10 year old and I. Did you notice if there were enough things to do for kids on the ship? That's my main concern, enough to keep her happy that is already included, I don't want to have to spend much extra each day. I was told Anthem is known for 'nickel and diming' everything once you are on board, but I have no idea since this would be my first RC cruise.

Anthem has a ton included.. the ifly (sky diving), flowriders, bumper cars, trapeze school, puzzle room, kids club spaces... BOOK IT!

Anthem has a ton included.. the ifly (sky diving), flowriders, bumper cars, trapeze school, puzzle room, kids club spaces... BOOK IT!

I couldn't agree more lots of fun things for kids...

I just got an email from my TA with an itinerary change.

Thank you for making your travel arrangements with us. We know you must be eagerly anticipating your cruise. Please be advised that Royal Caribbean Cruise Line has advised us of some important information for your sailing. Royal Caribbean International�s Anthem of the Seas 9 Night Canada & New England itinerary has been modified to allow more time in Portland, Maine. The original scheduled arrival into Portland, Maine was 8:00am and it will now be at 7:00am.

Lou

Thanks for a tremendous job documenting everything, including the new terminal building in Bayonne.

Elsewhere it said you had included the main dining room menus in the post.

Did I miss them?

Thanks

WindyCPA

Lou

Thanks for a tremendous job documenting everything, including the new terminal building in Bayonne.

Elsewhere it said you had included the main dining room menus in the post.

Did I miss them?

Thanks

WindyCPA

They are posted through out this review, I'll bundle them in a couple of posts here, one for Dinner menu's and one for Dessert menu's. Note I only have MDR menu's from the 6 nights we ate there. We did specialty dining the other 3 nights.

MDR Dinner Menu’s

Night One June 8, 2017 we ate at Jamie’s Italian so no MDR menu

Night Two June 9, 2017 we ate at Chops Grille so no MDR menu

Night Three MDR Menu’s (June 10, 2017)

35370501035_3be9609af1_b.jpg

Night Four MDR Menu’s (June 11, 2017)

34596495763_54d7706669_b.jpg

Night Five MDR Menu’s (June 12, 2017)

35331199596_0ae092b4e6_b.jpg

Night Six MDR Menu’s (June 13, 2017)

34983529290_b6ab90f462_b.jpg

Night Seven MDR Menu’s (June 14, 2017)

35330816666_f3ae7a491b_b.jpg

Night Eight June 15, 2017 we ate at Wonderland so no MDR menu

Night Nine MDR Menu’s (June 16, 2017)

34528280064_763b302d46_b.jpg

MDR Dessert Menu’s

Night One June 8, 2017 we ate at Jamie’s Italian so no MDR menu

Night Two June 9, 2017 we ate at Chops Grille so no MDR menu

Night Three MDR Menu’s (June 10, 2017)

34527828214_56314eaf1b_b.jpg

Night Four MDR Menu’s (June 11, 2017)

34596486143_45c907f735_b.jpg

Night Five MDR Menu’s (June 12, 2017)

35240664281_7c54a1d52d_b.jpg

Night Six MDR Menu’s (June 13, 2017)

34983532370_4c2a6cc1d0_b.jpg

Night Seven MDR Menu’s (June 14, 2017)

34983323950_50339bac52_b.jpg

Night Eight June 15, 2017 we ate at Wonderland so no MDR menu

Night Nine MDR Menu’s (June 16, 2017)

34528281964_b7b8aeb04f_b.jpg

More gangway and boarding photos...

35331881316_eb63ed1b33_k.jpg

Great review and great pictures. I've read hundreds of reviews here and many include a picture of walking up the gangway to board the ship. For some reason, your picture caused an emotional response. I got that excited feeling that you get when you are actually boarding the ship.

It was a connecting cabin and we heard NO noise from the cabin next door and hopefully it was the same for them.

Hehe ;p

i booked anthem way back in february and been researching heavily ever since. this is THE BEST review ive seen on here about the ship. ive never seen so many good pics of things that are important to me. like inside the terminal/parking. for a newbie these things matter. i probably have more questions but one i remember is a picture you took of chic (white chairs were in the pic and i think it was chic). there were 3 groups of 2 tops spaced apart from any other tables. it would be impossible even for a child to get between the middle table and the ends. so just wondering if those were meant for a group of 6 and the rear middle person to slide across the other tables or what the situation was. its silly but it stood out as a question for me since the tables were a few inches apart.

i loved the night north star pics. i booked early in the cruise but hopefully i can do standby for some nite trips. the pics of the food are GREAT. a lot more comprehensive detail. i seriously wish there was a way to save this thread as a pdf or something and have it on my phone when i get on the ship for reference.

there should be a sub forum just for reviews and yours pinned at the top

i booked anthem way back in february and been researching heavily ever since. this is THE BEST review ive seen on here about the ship. ive never seen so many good pics of things that are important to me. like inside the terminal/parking. for a newbie these things matter. i probably have more questions but one i remember is a picture you took of chic (white chairs were in the pic and i think it was chic). there were 3 groups of 2 tops spaced apart from any other tables. it would be impossible even for a child to get between the middle table and the ends. so just wondering if those were meant for a group of 6 and the rear middle person to slide across the other tables or what the situation was. its silly but it stood out as a question for me since the tables were a few inches apart.

i loved the night north star pics. i booked early in the cruise but hopefully i can do standby for some nite trips. the pics of the food are GREAT. a lot more comprehensive detail. i seriously wish there was a way to save this thread as a pdf or something and have it on my phone when i get on the ship for reference.

there should be a sub forum just for reviews and yours pinned at the top

Thank you very much, that is the main reason I do these reviews, I hope it will help others and answer some unknowns. Glad it helped. I believe this is the photo you are talking about. This is 3 tables for 2, think of it like sitting with others but you don't have to wait for anyone to order or finish their appetizers before you get your main course. Having said that not all tables for two are that close together.

35331357786_0d99da9e52_b.jpg

Just a wild shot, but do you know if they will give me the cheese plate with a cloche to take back to the room? I have to have some protein with my evening meds. I probably would only do it one or two nights, as it would last more than one night in the small frig.

Just a wild shot, but do you know if they will give me the cheese plate with a cloche to take back to the room? I have to have some protein with my evening meds. I probably would only do it one or two nights, as it would last more than one night in the small frig.

I think you can, we noticed lots of items covered like take out and my wife joked with the waiter and said lots of take out tonight...he said, yes some people like to take things back to the room.

I don't think they ate in the dining room, but were just taking things back to their room.

I cannot remember exactly how it was packaged but it wasn't the plate with the hard plastic cover over it like they bring to your table...Hope it works out for you...