Cruisetour question...

aloanldy

I called Celebrity today. I should arrive by Rail to Talkeetna around 11am. So I called Talkeetna air taxi and booked a flightseeing trip.

I also found out that I can just forego my NHT in Denali and book a Denali tour independently if I want.

I know I want to go all the way into the park, just not sure who is best. My sister wants a narrated tour, not just a ride in. She doesn't want to miss out on the history of denali.

Charlie

I called Celebrity today. I should arrive by Rail to Talkeetna around 11am. So I called Talkeetna air taxi and booked a flightseeing trip.

I also found out that I can just forego my NHT in Denali and book a Denali tour independently if I want.

I know I want to go all the way into the park, just not sure who is best. My sister wants a narrated tour, not just a ride in. She doesn't want to miss out on the history of denali.

Charlie

all I can say is I have done both and I would book the shuttle bus. the bus drivers on my shuttle bus experiences have been great with narration.

if your sister will be concerned and is adamant just book the tour but I would not be ok with TWT- sounds like they aren't going far enough into the park for my preference- we wanted wonder lake minimum. If she wants narration at the expense of depth into the park I think thats not an optimal choice and unfortunate but we all just have to do what makes each of us happy :)

Ok BudgetQueen, I'm not making stuff up. I admit I've not gone yet so I'm depending on the web content of the contractor that is running the bus, Doyon, Limited Aramark:

Go to Tours & Shuttles, Pick Shuttles, Kantishna, and open the tab for Boarding Transit Shuttle: and I'll find

"While Transit buses often stop for photographs and to view park wildlife and scenery, the Transit system is a scheduled service and drivers are required to stay on schedule. "

Now if you have first hand info that on a trip you took you did not have a problem, swell. I'm just pointing out fact as documented.

Have a blessed day.

Your "admission" - you haven't been there.

I certainly have "first hand info", over 25 trips on shuttle buses,, including 2 more trips the last 2 weeks

I stand by my comments that strive for accuracy.

I booked the Kantishna Experience Tour. I hope that will make her happy. :D

It's a very costly tour, that I'm sure will offer what you want. Have a great time.

At least Celebrity- has great lodging with using Talkeetna Alaska lodge, they run shuttles but is also walkable to most of Talkeetna.