Sailing Northern Europe in July too cold for waterslides?

They will be open.

Whether people will use them depends on individual circumstances. The weather can vary a lot in this area.

We were in the Baltics last August on the Star and the pool was quite busy. Our son used it a lot, but it was far too cold for me. In early July it is likely to be slightly cooler, but you could have particularly good weather. It was very warm in a lot of Northern Europe a week or so ago, for example.

We did the Baltics in early August back in 2013 on Carnival

Many Europeans of all ages were in the pool and using the small watersldie happily...I include myself in that.

Many US folk shied away from this until a few started to give it a go as we left Warnemunde. They experienced that 'first chill' when you get in but after that it is wonderful. Whatever you do, do not get in after a hot tub! :D

Was on the Star last year for the Baltic cruise (going on her again in July for the Adriatic). It was REALLY hot. Pools were in use as were the slides and the kids area. I'm told we had exceptional weather for the trip. But, it was really hot. 90's etc.

We were on the Star July 2016 in the Baltics. Weather was hot. Full tour days but pool area was busy when back on ship.

Seas were like a bath....so weird for days not even a ripple on the water. Especially nearing Talinn and St.Petersburg.

I did not use my sweater once during the trip. I am usually hot though. Everyone was wearing shorts though.

I really enjoyed this cruise more than I thought. The ports are amazing, I didn't think I could top my Med cruise, but the Baltics held there own for sure.

Happy planning

Kerri