What Is Your Favorite Month to Cruise to Caribbean & Why?

taylortime05

Out of NYC there are 11-day cruises in spring and Oct/Nov. spring is too early, just back from a TA in Oct, so it's got to be Oct/Nov. Probably book one of them while on the TA.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To take advantage of the lowest prices in either Sep or Jan do you need to wait until after final payment to see those great prices?

No, in general early January and the few weeks after Thanksgiving and before Christmas are the cheapest weeks to cruise. Early September would follow price wise. Book in advance and take advantage of the UBP as a perk. If you don't drink, then wait for a last minute deal, because after final payment non perks included desks are available, but then you have to possibly deal with higher airfare, especially in January.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Hi,

We are still working so we can't cruise frequently and we can't be to spontaneous. We need to plan at least couple of months ahead for work schedules. Kids are grown so we can go any month of the year.

What is your favorite month to cruise to Caribbean and Why?

Thanks for all your valuable input.

Sue

April. It is not too hot and two months prior to hurricane season.

The bulk of them occur over six weeks, not six months. Similar to a bell curve.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

So what, the question was, what is my favorite month to cruise. I said April, because of the weather and because it is before hurricane season, which it is.

Once you get into the Caribbean, the weather is pretty much the same year round - the benefits of being close to the equator! So the factors to keep in mind are departure city (will winter weather impact travel to that city, or how long it takes you to get into nicer weather), school vacations (will effect how many kids and families are on board), and prices. Get those to meet what you want, and the Caribbean will pretty much be the same no matter when you are there!

Once you get into the Caribbean, the weather is pretty much the same year round - the benefits of being close to the equator! So the factors to keep in mind are departure city (will winter weather impact travel to that city, or how long it takes you to get into nicer weather), school vacations (will effect how many kids and families are on board), and prices. Get those to meet what you want, and the Caribbean will pretty much be the same no matter when you are there!

Two of the three factors you site may be important to you, but they are not important to me. I cruised out of NJ in November and out of Baltimore in February. The number of kids on board means nothing to me.

I went in October thinking there would be a lot fewer kids. Well, school was on break that week (week of Columbus Day) for many and there were a lot of children on board the Escape. And we were sweating it out, because a hurricane was headed for Florida and did in fact affect cruises out of Port Canaveral. I was out of Miami, so I managed to fly in that morning and board the ship. The two other times I've sailed were early november, from Galveston to Cozumel and also from Galveston to Cayman and other places. The seas where terribly rough on the trip in November. Many people, including crew were seasick.

While I haven't done it, I think September would be an excellent time to go. You get great fares and yes, you take a chance on a hurricane, but just purchase your trip insurance.