Late passport

sdf89

DD passport renewal is late and will not have by the 6 day deadline before embarkation for cruise personalizer.

We're getting mixed messages and wondered if anyone else has experience with this.

TA says that she will still be fine, but will have a longer boarding process since cannot have a boarding pass.

An email from Princess seemed a bit sterner, citing the longer boarding process, but including those words can be "denied boarding".

I know probably just legalese, but wanted to see how others have found this.

A warning about passport renewals. Pay for quick process. We sent ours in Express mail but didn't pay to expedite.

Ours took four weeks recently. Was so worried we wouldn't have it for our Europe cruise this summer. Relief when it arrived.

This time of year things are much slower.My daughter sent hers in last October and didn't pay to expedite but got it back in

10 days.

Call Princess when it arrives and see if they can help input the passport information. Maybe then you can print. I know the personalizer doesn't allow changes once you get close to sailing but wonder if somehow Princess can send it to you.

DD passport renewal is late and will not have by the 6 day deadline before embarkation for cruise personalizer.

We're getting mixed messages and wondered if anyone else has experience with this.

TA says that she will still be fine, but will have a longer boarding process since cannot have a boarding pass.

An email from Princess seemed a bit sterner, citing the longer boarding process, but including those words can be "denied boarding".

I know probably just legalese, but wanted to see how others have found this.

If you have your new passport at check in you will not be denied boarding.

Call Princess to assist with completion of entering info.

If you have to do it at check in it does not take much longer for check in to process you and add the required info.

DH lost his passport on our way to Italy. Twenty-four hours later, he boarded the ship with a new one. He wasn't the only passenger either. One couple had both their passports stolen in Italy, and had to get new ones from the American Embassy in Rome.

As others have said, as long as she has a valid passport, Princess will let her board.

It appeared once that my Mom's passport was not going to arrive in time. It is "amazing" that if you call them and offer to pay for expedited pricing once in process - how quickly they speed up the process!

Also, I once forgot my boarding pass back home. Check in was still a breeze.

I am going to sound like a newbie traveller, and I'm not, but I know for Caribbean cruises, you can cruise without a passport.

We are going on an Alaskan cruise next month - is that treated the same way? (I once was very familiar with the rules for a friend who did not have a passport, but I haven't had to think about it in quite some time, and now I'm just curious...)

I am going to sound like a newbie traveller, and I'm not, but I know for Caribbean cruises, you can cruise without a passport.

We are going on an Alaskan cruise next month - is that treated the same way? (I once was very familiar with the rules for a friend who did not have a passport, but I haven't had to think about it in quite some time, and now I'm just curious...)

It would need to be a closed looped cruise such as RT Seattle or RT SFO. You could not fly to Vancouver with out a passport.

WOW,this post bring's back bad memories ! Hubby's passport had 3 month's after our Caribbean cruise ,so We thought we would just renew it when we got back.Point being is, MAKE sure you have at least 6 months left on your passport after a cruise or you will be denied at the port.Law states you need at least 6 months on a passport after international travel or a cruise.Thank god hubby's passport came back in time for our cruise!

Kind of funny update for inquiring minds.

Bottom line: all your posts = one thing: relax and don't worry, provided of course that we do get the passport before embarkation.

We will have passport about 12 hours after Princess Sunday midnight deadline for entering on cruise personalizer. I will definitely do the one poster's suggestion of calling Princess and see if they can enter so we can print or they email boarding stuff.

But here is the funny part. She was supposedly guaranteed to get the passport by yesterday (Friday). So when we got FedEx tracking notice for Monday, I was puzzled. Then on studying the fedex tracking, the packet STARTED in her home town, but today (Saturday) it is halfway across the country, and now scheduled for delivery to her Monday! Go figure!!

• 3 weeks later...
WOW,this post bring's back bad memories ! Hubby's passport had 3 month's after our Caribbean cruise ,so We thought we would just renew it when we got back.Point being is, MAKE sure you have at least 6 months left on your passport after a cruise or you will be denied at the port.Law states you need at least 6 months on a passport after international travel or a cruise.Thank god hubby's passport came back in time for our cruise!

You leave out a lot of important details because, for US citizens in the Caribbean, there is no such law. Exception may be Cuba.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Princess FAQ under passport validity reads:

" many countries require that passports be valid for six months after completion of travel. Check your passport to verify it will be valid for this period of time."

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/prepare.jsp

When in doubt about passport requirements it may be best to call Princess directly just to be sure. :D

Directly from Princess....

" US and Canadian passport holders sailing on a domestic cruise should ensure passports or other travel documents are valid through the completion of travel."

You left out the most important part.

Below is directly from Princess too.

Princess FAQ under passport validity reads:

" many countries require that passports be valid for six months after completion of travel. Check your passport to verify it will be valid for this period of time."

When in doubt about passport requirements it may be best to call Princess directly just to be sure. :D

Thank you, I thought that was the case. ;)

DH's passport expired in March, after our February cruise. I checked after booking the cruise in January to make sure he could travel on his old passport. The only country requiring a passport on our cruise was Costa Rica. (If the cruise did not stop there, he could have traveled with just his certified birth certificate and other ID.) Costa Rica requires a passport to be valid only through the anticipated length of stay. As mentioned, some countries require passports to be valid for six months after the visit--just in case something happens that keeps you in the country longer than anticipated. Check with the State Department and the embassy of each country you're visiting if you have any questions about requirements.

• 2 weeks later...
Did "expedited" from the west coast to east (PA)- it only took 9 days from our mailing to our receiving them back.

Was this recently? Currently waiting on expedited service and trying to see what current time frame is

Mid-May.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums