Fridge/Microwave on the Breakaway Family Oceanview with Large Picture Window

karenna00

There is a minibar with drinks (all for an additional cost). You can ask your steward to empty it,,, may be next morning.

Definitely nothing that could cause a fire like a microwave. There is food available 24/7 from the restaurants.

There is a minibar with drinks (all for an additional cost). You can ask your steward to empty it,,, may be next morning.

Definitely nothing that could cause a fire like a microwave. There is food available 24/7 from the restaurants.

Kids like warm milk before bedtime so a microwave would be useful that. Will have to figure something out.

Kids like warm milk before bedtime so a microwave would be useful that. Will have to figure something out.

I am in no way telling anyone how to be a parent.

BUT - things are very different on a cruise. Walk somewhere to eat meals. No kids bedroom. No playroom or living room. Very little if any toys. Limited TV. Pool is just a short walk away. Sleep in same room as parents. No going anywhere in the car. Meeting all kinds of people. Maybe one more change is no warm milk?

Watched in the buffet late one night as a couple came in with a young child. They had a bottle for the child. I watched in awe as the entire staff of the buffet abandoned what they were doing to go to the couple and one proudly took the bottle into the galley. The staff were all fussing that child while the couple waited for the bottle to come back from the galley.

So many crew have their own little ones that they have left at home. They love interacting with young children and will only need to be asked and your bottle will be warmed.

How long until you cruise? You probably have plenty of time to break them of this habit before you go.

My son was 10 months on his first cruise. When my parents watched him they ran just water through the coffee pot to warm it, then put the bottle in the hot water until it was warm. By his second cruise he was 2 and we didn't have to worry about that anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My son was 10 months on his first cruise. When my parents watched him they ran just water through the coffee pot to warm it, then put the bottle in the hot water until it was warm. By his second cruise he was 2 and we didn't have to worry about that anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was just about to suggest the same thing x

how do they not pee in the middle of the night having a drink at bedtime?

Why on earth is that your problem or concern?

I'd be more worried about the kid's teeth rotting out by drinking milk at bedtime more than peeing in the middle of the night..... :o

hmm....I use to heat baby bottles with hot water. You can put their milk in a container and place it in the sink with steaming hot water. Does not take long to heat up. Improvisation is the key on a cruise. Have fun!

NO microwaves on ANY ship....if you're hungry, order room service. You will have a "dorm cube" fridge.

To "warm"milk, run the hot water in the sink (it gets VERY hot), and fill the sink...stick the bottle in there until the "chill" is off.

Since you didn't mention warming bottles (unless I missed that part), I assume you're wanting only glasses of warm milk.

2 things I can think of:

Order room service and ask for a carafe, or two, of warm milk.

There will be a room service charge.

-or-

Order the free room service in the AM. Ask for a carafe, or two, of hot water for tea. Save the carafes and take to the buffet in the evening, ask to be filled with warm/hot milk, and take to the room.

Sure and everyone that enjoys something before bed like a night cap or a cup of tea should break that habit before cruising, too:rolleyes:

How long until you cruise? You probably have plenty of time to break them of this habit before you go.

Sure and everyone that enjoys something before bed like a night cap or a cup of tea should break that habit before cruising, too:rolleyes:
I know right....LOL. Everyone seems to be experts on how everyone should live their life! Ha! All the OP wanted to know is if there were microwaves in the cabins and she got a boatload of advice on how to raise her kids. ugh.

Um, no. First of all, we are talking about kids. I assume they won't continue having a glass of warm milk before bed every single night the rest of their lives. Good grief.

Secondly, people of all ages generally learn to go without at some point. This isn't rocket science. Enjoying something and requiring something are 2 different things.