Fishing Review: Capt. Alvin Fishing Charters

After evaluating various fishing operators (many are about the same price), we decided to go with Capt. Alvin Fishing Charters - his experience as a pro in this industry is well-documented, he's received many positive reviews from others, and I personally liked that they keep their social media active.

Alvin met us right off the cruise pier in the morning. You walk out the gate, hang left and he was right there in the boat. We had a half-day of inshore fishing, and throughout that time we reeled in gulf shark, kingfish, snapper, and more. Alvin was a real expert who got us on top of the fish and we learned a lot. I'd love to go back for a full-day some time.

At the end, he helped us make arrangements with a local restaurant, and we had an incredible lunch eating some of our catch.

If this is something you're looking to do, definitely go with Capt. Alvin.

http://www.fishinginstthomas.com/

https://www.facebook.com/Capt.AlvinFishingCharters/

Thank you so very much for the information! I do have a few 'logistical' questions.....

How did you 'fill' your boat? I'm assuming that the trip was shared with others? Did you organize that through your Roll Call or just ask Capt. Alvin if he already had a trip for that day?

I'd rather book with them directly, but can't afford to pay the full charter price for the two of us. :(