Luggage Tags

Hopeless67

I haven't tried mine to see if they fit in the sleeve. I also noticed my tags no longer say Elite, that is new too.

Also the bar code is no longer there.

Okay, just tried it, fits my plastic holder fine.

Edited by san diego sue

I'll second using packing tape on both sides of the tags & taping the ends together around the luggage handle. Also, we print out extra tags to tape onto our cartons of seltzer water (with extra tape reinforcing the carton) to be delivered to our room.

Our TA is doing the tags in plastic for us. She does this and much more for us. We will be sorry to lose her as a TA as we are moving in 2 weeks, she has handled al, our tours for the past 10 years.

With the internet and postal service, why can't you keep using the same TA despite the move? Just curious.

I'm a big fan of the luggage tag sleeves. I have noticed, though, that the toner from a laser printer will stick to the inside of the sleeve if you leave them in there for a long time. I haven't had this problem with ink jet printed tags. I also like the new holders that have the steel cables over the old plastic ones.

At least seven years ago, I bought a box of 200 "el cheapo" lightweight sheet protectors at Staples. We just print our luggage tags, slide them into sheet protectors, fold them as instructed, and staple them into place. The box has lasted us at least seven years, as we did this for our first cruise and are finally about to run out.

Having the ability to "save a tree" (for those people who insist on carrying aboard everything they'll take on a cruise) or to have enough tags (for those crazy people like me who take all sorts of photography gear on a cruise, and half of it goes on as checked luggage) is a great reason to let us print our own tags.

Our Celebrity cruise on the Summit in 2016 had a spot online in their personalizer/profile thing and you could order them for free. Received them in the mail...they were long sitcker-like. Followed instructions and pulled off backing where told and folded them over handle and pressed together....they worked great...they resemble the ones the airport puts on your luggage. I was pleasantly surprised when Celebrity offered these.

Always use to do the shipping tape cover on the printed tags. Then bought some sleeves from Amazon and absolutely love them and the ease of use. Comes a set of 8. Enough tomplace on luggage, backpacks and then place unused ones inside luggage.

https://www.amazon.com/Luggage-Holders-Grommet-Princess-Caribbean/dp/B005DFO530/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1498506501&sr=8-20&keywords=cruise+luggage+tags

The narrower plastic tags I have used to fit Princess luggage tags (as recently as last month). I just spoke to Princess on these new ones and evidently they have just changed the style to this shorter, wider one.

Thanks for the info about Amazon...

I just called Princess and the girl said they have NOT changed the size of the luggage tags. She said maybe the people are printing them out wrong. Can you let us know the new size of the paper tags.

My Cruise Critic plastic sleeve is 3 1/4'' X 6 1/4''.

Tony

I just called Princess and the girl said they have NOT changed the size of the luggage tags. She said maybe the people are printing them out wrong. Can you let us know the new size of the paper tags.

My Cruise Critic plastic sleeve is 3 1/4'' X 6 1/4''.

Tony

When mine are folded, they are 3 1/2" X 4 3/4". They have omitted Welcome Aboard and the Bar Code, which is why they are shorter. If you crease them a little more, they will fit in your plastic sleeves, which I have done. The lady I spoke to at Princess said they did indeed change to a new size very recently. I was just so surprised as the cruise I took 2 months ago printed the longer & narrower ones.

When mine are folded, they are 3 1/2" X 4 3/4". They have omitted Welcome Aboard and the Bar Code, which is why they are shorter. If you crease them a little more, they will fit in your plastic sleeves, which I have done. The lady I spoke to at Princess said they did indeed change to a new size very recently. I was just so surprised as the cruise I took 2 months ago printed the longer & narrower ones.

Thank you, for the info!!!!

As usual the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing at Princess sometimes :o.

Tony

I always printed them out on 8.5 x 11 paper.

Are you not still doing that?

Unless you are cutting the paper, can you not still fold them into 3rds width like before?

I always printed them out on 8.5 x 11 paper.

Are you not still doing that?

Unless you are cutting the paper, can you not still fold them into 3rds width like before?

Yes, I use 8.5 x 11 paper. When I referred to 4 1/2", that is when they are folded and ready to put in the luggage tag. Before I folded them, they are 9 inches long. They used to take the full 11" when printed. Sorry for confusion. I was able to make them fit in my luggage tags.