Pacific Princess dry dock refurbishment

ilovhywd

Post Dry Dock Experience (2017) on the Pacific Princess

An actual link would be better.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53292681&postcount=16 et seq.

There are three copies of the library one, which has already been posted and a couple of others are duplicated. I don't know why people use quote with photographs to make a comment rather than post reply, or at least edit the photo out. It isn't needed a second time.

Just got off the Pacific after her first cruise coming out of dry dock. The ship looks great, new carpet (but still needs to be tacked along walls in cabins), newly painted interior, new wood floors & curtains in buffet area, new beds, couch & curtains in cabins (at least mini-suites & suites), new decorations, new Effy store, upgraded speaker system and some new pool & patio furniture. Looked like they upgraded the Spa and gym, also.

Several things didn't get done in dry dock. They were still working on the ship as we waited to board in Fort Lauderdale, worked on it again in New York, Iceland and Dundee.

There were some minor problems with the sliding glass doors in cabins (leaking cold air/whistling sounds/cold rooms) and club class dining furniture and items had not arriving for first cruise. They duck taped the doors (room warmed up but couldn't use balcony) and finally got them fixed 2 days before we disembarked. Missing club class dining items were being loaded on ship as we disembarked.

By the way, Club Class is wonderful, both room and dining room. The new mattresses are very comfortable and the new couch in mini-suite is also comfortable. Great experience, met some wonderful fellow cruisers (very enjoyable dinner group) and superb staff.

Overall, the entertainment was very good. Singers & dancers for production shows were good, fun to watch.

Oh by the way, Iceland is very cold and wet, more than we anticipated. Brrrr.....

Just got off the Pacific after her first cruise coming out of dry dock. The ship looks great, new carpet (but still needs to be tacked along walls in cabins), newly painted interior, new wood floors & curtains in buffet area, new beds, couch & curtains in cabins (at least mini-suites & suites), new decorations, new Effy store, upgraded speaker system and some new pool & patio furniture. Looked like they upgraded the Spa and gym, also.

Several things didn't get done in dry dock. They were still working on the ship as we waited to board in Fort Lauderdale, worked on it again in New York, Iceland and Dundee.

There were some minor problems with the sliding glass doors in cabins (leaking cold air/whistling sounds/cold rooms) and club class dining furniture and items had not arriving for first cruise. They duck taped the doors (room warmed up but couldn't use balcony) and finally got them fixed 2 days before we disembarked. Missing club class dining items were being loaded on ship as we disembarked.

By the way, Club Class is wonderful, both room and dining room. The new mattresses are very comfortable and the new couch in mini-suite is also comfortable. Great experience, met some wonderful fellow cruisers (very enjoyable dinner group) and superb staff.

Overall, the entertainment was very good. Singers & dancers for production shows were good, fun to watch.

Oh by the way, Iceland is very cold and wet, more than we anticipated. Brrrr.....

Thank you for the feedback! Would love to see pictures of what you are describing please [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a thread on Pacific Princess Hair dryers on pg 5 (at least on my phone) that has photos of a redone cabin. Very sorry but I don't know how to link the thread. The new bedding and carpet look great!

Edited by 6travelers
Error

Here are pics of our inside room. New bedding. Nice couch65b122da40f2232cb317fb7f07c72f15.jpg4835ca1f1f8c722da1f2a036e4871eef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The bedding is all new - the new "Princess bed". I like it all but the down pillows.

Here are are the photos from the other thread.

The couch looks to be reupholstered but the carpeting is the same as what we had in December.

Couch we had in the mini-suite was completely different than the one shown in the photo above. Our new couch was grayish, straight box shape with thick cushions, very comfortable. Also the above photo of bed/mattress doesn't do it justice, very thick mattress. Really like the new curtains in the room. Sorry I didn't take pictures.

Very sorry but I don't know how to link the thread.

There are two methods. The easiest is to hover your mouse over the post number in the top right corner of the the post you want to link to and you will see a tooltip "View single post" pop up. Right click the mouse on the post number and select "copy link", then paste that in your message. It is easiest to do this with two windows, one for the thread and one for your reply. This gives a link to a single post, but when you get there you can select "view thread" at the top.

The other way is to navigate to the thread you want and the position you want within it (again easiest in a second window) and then copy the link from the address bar of your browser and paste that.

Cruise critic editor will shorten the URL with an elipsis but it will still work correctly if you click it. You can't copy and paste a shortened URL as it copies the display bit. If you want to copy someone elses shortened URL, use right click and "copy link".

Thanks so much for posting those pictures. The bed looks great! The couch has not been refurbished unless they've used the same exact material they've had on there for almost a decade. :(

Our couch was plain blue - without the stripe. So I thought this was a reupholster .

There are two methods. The easiest is to hover your mouse over the post number in the top right corner of the the post you want to link to and you will see a tooltip "View single post" pop up. Right click the mouse on the post number and select "copy link", then paste that in your message. It is easiest to do this with two windows, one for the thread and one for your reply. This gives a link to a single post, but when you get there you can select "view thread" at the top.

The other way is to navigate to the thread you want and the position you want within it (again easiest in a second window) and then copy the link from the address bar of your browser and paste that.

Cruise critic editor will shorten the URL with an elipsis but it will still work correctly if you click it. You can't copy and paste a shortened URL as it copies the display bit. If you want to copy someone elses shortened URL, use right click and "copy link".

You can also click on the little quote marks in the box next to the "quote" box on the bottom right.

Then go to the thread you want to share that post on and click "post reply".

It will say something like "you have a post from another thread. Do you want to share that also? " And if you click on it - MAGIC - the post from the other thread is now on the thread you wanted.

That's what I did.

Our couch was plain blue - without the stripe. So I thought this was a reupholster .

If it is, then they saved some of the old fabric from almost 10 years ago. We had that same exact upholstery on our sofa in 2010 and I know it had been on there for years before that because of pictures online. Interesting that az2sea's mini-suite sofa was different material completely. I wonder if they just haven't finished re-doing all of them?

I hate to say it, DrivesLikeMario, but this may be a case of Animal Farm. You know, the old "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." It may be that the suites & mini-suites have been updated while the other cabins have not.

I'm sure the cruise line makes more on guests in premium accommodations, so it makes sense to feather their nests first.

I hate to say it, DrivesLikeMario, but this may be a case of Animal Farm. You know, the old "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." It may be that the suites & mini-suites have been updated while the other cabins have not.

I'm sure the cruise line makes more on guests in premium accommodations, so it makes sense to feather their nests first.

You betcha! The cost difference per person between a mini-suite and an inside cabin can be as much as double on the Pacific Princess.

Thank you JG and Karen for the tutorials on linking a post! I really appreciate the help.

Pam

You're welcome!!! :)

Any chance you'd contact my children and grandchildren and tell them I was able to help with something on line? ;)

Or, they're just replacing the worst of the bunch. Guess I'll try to see when I'm onboard unless others that are on it before me post more info. :)

BTW - We were offered an upsell from a balc. to a mini-suite on our sailing for $399pp. Not worth it to us as they were way far forward and we've already spent an arm and a leg on the bus. class airfare & Tattoo tickets.

Edited by DrivesLikeMario
btw

You're welcome!!! :)

Any chance you'd contact my children and grandchildren and tell them I was able to help with something on line? ;)

Send me their emails (jgw321@gmail,com) and I'll do it. I was an IT professional and I learned something from you, so that might impress them.

My memory could be playing tricks on me, but I could swear we sat in those same Library chairs at the table last Christmas, and our balcony room loveseat was that same blue one. I wonder if some things were not updated or if some had been updated over time.

My memory could be playing tricks on me, but I could swear we sat in those same Library chairs at the table last Christmas, and our balcony room loveseat was that same blue one. I wonder if some things were not updated or if some had been updated over time.

They look familiar to me too.