Princess at sea app

NatalieWood

It is not an actual app. It was at one time then it was removed and you can access it when you get onboard and connect to the intranet on the ship. There should be instruction in your cabin on how to use or you can go to the internet cafe for help.

So basically it's a website? Free messaging? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes it is a free site BUT not on the internet. Yes there is free messaging but there is no indication you have a message. You just have to keep checking the site to see if you have any.

Just for information connecting to the internet has a charge so be careful.

Feeling frustrated... why can't I find the Princess at Sea app on my iPhone? Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong? Going on coral Saturday and would like to use the messenger bit. Thanks!

Not an app. It loads when you sign up onboard with your device.

The Princess webpage explains the system & shows functions:

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/activities/princess-at-sea/

"Getting started with Princess@Sea is easy. Simply connect to the ship’s WIFI once onboard, open the browser on your computer, tablet, mobile phone or other device, and Princess@Sea will be the default page that appears. It even operates in "Airplane Mode". No cellular or data charges required!"

At one time Princess did have a free way of sending messages home using their postcard email option. I'm not sure if it's still available? :confused:

This option is still available, but it is hard to find. We just got off the Star Princess and found it embedded in the Princess at Sea intranet site. It required some searching around it find it. We used it a number of times to send eCards to family and friends.

Once on board, switch to airplane mode and enable wi-fi. That connects you to the ship intranet. The Princess At Sea page will load in your browser. You then need to add as friends whoever on board you want, such as spouse or kids, for example. You have access to the calendar (where you can highlight events and invite people on your list). You can see your bill but not your cabin-mate's bill. You can send messages, but you have to check for messages as there is no chime or buzz to indicate that you have a message.

Not the greatest tool, but a big improvement over Post-It notes.

At one time Princess did have a free way of sending messages home using their postcard email option. I'm not sure if it's still available? :confused:

It is still available, but not always obvious how to get to the right screen to use it.

Do you know how to get to it? I use to love that.

I logged on to the ship princess at sea intranet. Then at the bottom of the screen I clicked on a choice that was something like "locations, more" . That led me to a whole bunch of choices about different areas of the ship. Then I clicked on the category of Internet or it might have said Communications. Once in that section there was a write up about internet cafe and an embedded link to the Ecard.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Once on board, switch to airplane mode and enable wi-fi. That connects you to the ship intranet. The Princess At Sea page will load in your browser.

Just got off Grand a few hours ago. You also need to set up a user ID, similar to what you did to join CruiseCritic.

You then need to add as friends whoever on board you want, such as spouse or kids, for example.

For messaging you need to add people, even if it's your spouse in the same room on the same on-board account.

You have access to the calendar (where you can highlight events and invite people on your list). You can see your bill but not your cabin-mate's bill.

You will have access to the bill of everyone linked to your on-board account, such as a spouse or family members. I could see every purchase my wife made, and she could see mine. Impossible to hide expensive purchases, to use caution! ;p

You can send messages, but you have to check for messages as there is no chime or buzz to indicate that you have a message.

The lack of an notification signal, either sound or vibration, is quite annoying. Makes it practically useless to try to meet up at random times. By the time the other person sees the message, it could be well past whatever event you might be trying to coordinate.

Not the greatest tool, but a big improvement over Post-It notes.

It certainly could be improved, but we did find it very useful to look up show and event times as the day progressed. As a messaging app, not so much.

I logged on to the ship princess at sea intranet. Then at the bottom of the screen I clicked on a choice that was something like "locations, more" . That led me to a whole bunch of choices about different areas of the ship. Then I clicked on the category of Internet or it might have said Communications. Once in that section there was a write up about internet cafe and an embedded link to the Ecard.

If that does not work, ask the Internet Cafe manager to show you how.

• 1 month later...

Never saw that link to the ecard while we were on board the emerald princess. Oh well. Would have been interesting. As for the intranet, if you want to emessage someone on the ship, both you and the other person will have to register and exchange the 8 digit code assigned to your account in order to add each other to your contacts. It's a reasonable extra security step, but we had one person in our party who was initially being a bit of a jerk and didn't want to share his info as he "didn't want to be tracked". Sigh. His wife finally signed on and gave her contact code, and he begrudgingly did as well, but sheesh. And to make matters worse, this relative and his family were on the cruise as our guests (at our expense) and he was being uncooperative. Oh well, vent over. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Princess webpage explains the system & shows functions:

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/activities/princess-at-sea/

"Getting started with Princess@Sea is easy. Simply connect to the ship’s WIFI once onboard, open the browser on your computer, tablet, mobile phone or other device, and Princess@Sea will be the default page that appears. It even operates in "Airplane Mode". No cellular or data charges required!"

In addition to the functions shown in the Princess link provide by Astro Flyer when we were on CB in May they encouraged us to use Princess@Sea to order our breakfast instead of using the paper breakfast cards (paper cards were always available- app was an offered option). I am not sure if this is fleet wide or whether it was something being piloted on CB.

In addition to the functions shown in the Princess link provide by Astro Flyer when we were on CB in May they encouraged us to use Princess@Sea to order our breakfast instead of using the paper breakfast cards (paper cards were always available- app was an offered option). I am not sure if this is fleet wide or whether it was something being piloted on CB.

Sounds like a trial run to me. It wasn't there in Feb.

Will see if it's an option on our next cruise & another option was being able to purchase Future Cruise Deposits which as I recall was listed under the Future Cruise Consultant information on P@S.

Princess e-post card

Go to the PC's by the future cruise consultant where you can search for future Princess sailings, not the ones in the internet cafe. Check out all the drop downs or the site index usually at the bottom of the page. The Princess post cards are there. I have found them on every ship, most recently on the Crown, Emerald & Royal.