Al Katz comedian anyone see him before?

vmom

We just got an email from Princess giving highlights about the entertainers for our cruise on the Crown.

Al Katz is listed as the comedian and Wayne Hoffman is the mentalist.

Anyone see either of their shows? Feedback?

The music productions are Motor City and Destination Anywhere.

Was not impressed. He asks questions of audience members then ridicules them and wonders why nobody will answer his questions...duh.

Thanks, If its crowded then I won't worry about not getting a seat. Maybe something good will be playing on MUTS. there's always so many choices to make per evening that I'll just choose something else for the evening.

We saw Al Katz on the Crown several years ago and really enjoyed his act. I also don't recall him ridiculing anyone and he got lots of laughs.

I've seen Motor City and Destination Anywhere and liked both of those shows too (but after seeing them several times on various ships, I won't be seeing them again).

We saw Al Katz on the Crown several years ago and really enjoyed his act. I also don't recall him ridiculing anyone and he got lots of laughs.

I've seen Motor City and Destination Anywhere and liked both of those shows too (but after seeing them several times on various ships, I won't be seeing them again).

Thanks. I've since read some other very positive reviews about Al, so as in all things, I guess comedy is to some degree a matter of taste. Think we'll pop into the show after all.

we've seen Al twice and don't recal him ridiculing anyone, he was very very funny. One night at dinner we were sat at a large table and he joined the table for dinner, I didn't recognize him as I hadn't seen his show yet and thought, man this guy is funny then he said "i hope so, I am the commedian tonight"

enjoy

we've seen Al twice and don't recal him ridiculing anyone, he was very very funny. One night at dinner we were sat at a large table and he joined the table for dinner, I didn't recognize him as I hadn't seen his show yet and thought, man this guy is funny then he said "i hope so, I am the commedian tonight"

enjoy

He reads minds, too?:p

We saw him on the Coral in Jan, I bought his CD. He's got a pretty standard routine with minor variations on current events. It's not overly crass, if it was I wouldn't have bough the CD...

I'd say for a cruise he was pretty good. But I'm not expert on comics :)

we've seen Al twice and don't recal him ridiculing anyone, he was very very funny. One night at dinner we were sat at a large table and he joined the table for dinner, I didn't recognize him as I hadn't seen his show yet and thought, man this guy is funny then he said "i hope so, I am the commedian tonight" enjoy

We saw him last year, can't remember the ship. He joined our table at dinner and I was lucky to sit next to him. In fact, I was so charmed I bought him an after dinner drink that included the glass. He was kind of blown away by a passenger doing that. What a shame. When performers are good - and he is - it's nice to let them know in some tangible way if you can. We tend to not listen to CDs so don't buy them. I was glad to buy the guy a drink.

• 3 weeks later...

just saw al katz on the crown princess dec11-18 2010. He performed for three nights of the cruise and each night he worked the show was different and very entertaining. I also had a chance to meet him several times at the speakeasy lounge (cigar bar) and he's a pretty down to earth guy who was great to be around. I highly recccomend seeing him.

• 6 years later...