Obstructed view on Crown ?

cruizecrazygramma

I am looking at an obstructed OV on the crown and am confused by the pictures and virtual tours on the website. The diagram of the room shows the bed under the window but the virtual tour shows the bed along the wall (meaning the head of the bed is facing the front of the ship). I looked at the photos and diagrams of both OV and OV obstructed and the OV obstructed diagram was the same layout at the OV with the bed on the wall but the virtual tour showed the bed under the window.

This may seem an odd question but I prefer the bed to be on the wall thus the head of the bed toward the front of the ship. How do I know which cabin to choose? Will a Princess rep know? thanks

Keep in mind that the layout of the beds differ from cabin to cabin. The website listed above is based on specific ships and cabins and provide more info on the view from the cabins than the bed layout. Try google "crown princess obstructed view cabin photo" and be sure to click on "Images" in the heading. good luck!

On its sister ship Carib Prin. we found our beds on the side wall in our obstructed view room. I was very pleased with the room and hand picked it using the pictures on this site.

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/

It was a VERY good value, especially since the cooler weather itinerary wouldn't allow us to use a balcony for breakfast outdoors. AND the price dropped to below the inside rooms by the time we cruised.:D

No berths in our room, as Essiesmom mentioned.

Just off the Crown in May, 28 days, TA and Canary Islands, E630... Awesome view. Bed on left side wall when you enter the room...picked it off Renmars site. I have used his site MANY times and never disappointed...

Good luck..

I prefer the bed to be on the wall thus the head of the bed toward the front of the ship. How do I know which cabin to choose? Will a Princess rep know? thanks

50% of the cabins with the head of the bed on a wall will have the head of the bed on the forward wall. The other 50% will have it on the aft wall.

So if you want the head of the head of the bed on the forward wall you need to know

a) Is the head of the bed on a wall? and

b) Which wall?

I would not count on a Princess rep (or even a TA) to know.

• 3 years later...
We were on the Crown in May in E323 - bed on side wall as you enter and had a clear view was between lifeboats, it was a good cabin :)

Glad to hear that! We are booked in this cabin for a 25 day Med/TA. Thanks!

I often book the obstructed OV rooms on Princess and always had the head of the bed against the wall ... not against the window.

BTW, we sailed in E403 on the Crown .. the head of the bed was against the wall and it was the absolute best 'non-obstructed' obstructed oceanview room in which I have sailed.

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/crown-princess/cabins301--330

The black circular covered item on the railing is taken down while sailing ... at least it was every day on the cruise I was on. It only went up while we were in port. I would book that room again in a heart beat!!