Carry-on only!

DancingGypsy

Yes! We do only carry-on. It takes careful packing and planning. Our record carry-on was a 17 day winter Med cruise plus 5 nights in London. A week long cruise is definitely manageable.

I can supply details, but would most likely bore most readers!

Yes, my husband and I went on a two week cruise and we had a carry on and a tote each. We didn't take formal clothes but did fine with a dressy top and slacks and shirt and tie with black dockers. Brought his dress shoes but I wore nice sandals. I did do a little hand wash a few times. They do have a laundry service on board if you need it.:D

Yes, that's the size I packed in for our last 8 night cruise. However, the only difficulty for me is finding room for my sport coat. That had to go in a different bag.

I seriously need to plan out each day though... which pants I'll wear more than once in the Main Dining Room, which shorts can be worn more than one day, making sure shirts work with the shorts/pants I'm bringing, etc... It's funny though, even though I plan it out I still end up coming home with something I haven't worn each cruise.

Dan

"I am an over packer and can't travel any other way". I admire all you other's as I see you with your carryon...but alas I will never be one of you :o;)

I was firmly in your camp until a few years ago when we went to Europe for a few weeks and I was going to have to haul my bags myself and we were staying at some hotels without elevators. I did mix and match, wore my heaviest shoes on the plane and did hand laundry anytime we stayed someplace two nights. Now any trip under 8 days I can do out of a carry on.

However, if I am staying in one place, don't have to pack and repack or drag my own bags, I overpack, bring all my cutest clothes, multiple shoes, jewelry and makeup. I expect I will

have at least a suitcase and a carry on for my 9 day cruise in May.

Yes! We do only carry-on. It takes careful packing and planning. Our record carry-on was a 17 day winter Med cruise plus 5 nights in London. A week long cruise is definitely manageable...
Yes, it can be done. I have done a month land trip in NZ and Oz with an airline carry-on, but I guess my record is over a month starting in Uruguay in the middle of their summer, followed by Buenos Aires, followed by a 14 night expedition cruise to Antarctica (including numerous landings on the continent) followed by more time in B.A. Laundry is your friend:p It helped that you are not allowed to bring your own boots to Antarctica (exotic plant and disease issues), so I was using expedition issued boots for that part. That carry on did include a bathing suit that was used for swimming in minus 1 degree Celsius (salt) water, so my sanity is questionable:rolleyes:

Thom

"I am an over packer and can't travel any other way". I admire all you other's as I see you with your carryon...but alas I will never be one of you :o;)

I'm right there with you Ashland! I need at least as many pairs of shoes as there are days. lol. If I do a lot of walking one day, I must wear a different pair the next, or my shoes will start to rub/hurt. Also, there are flip flops for around the water, walking shoes for other activities and dress shoes for dinner. I won't even get started on the clothes themselves!

How many pairs of shoes for an eight day? I'm thinking at least three.

For me, it would probably be 10 -

Water shoes

Flip flops - X 2

Walking shoes X 2

Shoes to match 1 formal

Shoes to match the other

less "glitzy" shoes for "smart casual" nights

Cute sandals

More cute sandals

And, in the end, I would probably wear 4 of the 10 pairs.

Edited by payitforward

Yes, that's the size I packed in for our last 8 night cruise. However, the only difficulty for me is finding room for my sport coat. That had to go in a different bag.

I seriously need to plan out each day though... which pants I'll wear more than once in the Main Dining Room, which shorts can be worn more than one day, making sure shirts work with the shorts/pants I'm bringing, etc... It's funny though, even though I plan it out I still end up coming home with something I haven't worn each cruise.

Dan

I wear my sportscoat when flying then I don't need the luggage space.

Dave

My CPAP takes up half of my carry on. I squeeze a nightgown, undies, and slippers in the half and then cram in tooth brush and toiletries. Where would I put shoes and clothing? Oh yeah, and a bottle of wine!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app